Honored Contributor

Let's get this Thanksgiving Party Started!

As always, I figured this would be the standard fall appetizers but they have some really great ideas for the upcoming holiday season (Bloomin' Brie Bread, get out!).  Hope you find something for your holiday table:

https://www.delish.com/holiday-recipes/thanksgiving/g8/thanksgiving-appetizers/?source=nl&utm_source...

Valued Contributor

Re: Let's get this Thanksgiving Party Started!

Bacon and apple crostini. Stuffed Brussels sprouts. Thanks for posting these, @momtochloe!  They look great. 

Honored Contributor

A former co-worker used to bring these Rum-Glazed Spiced Pecans to our holiday buffet:

8 oz raw pecans

2 tbsp sugar

3/4 tsp kosher salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

1/8 tsp ground cloves

1/8 tsp allspice

1 tbsp rum

2 tsp vanilla

1 tsp brown sugar

1 tbsp butter

Toast single layer of pecans on parchment-lined baking sheet for 4 minutes in 350 degree oven.  Rotate pan and bake 4 minutes longer.  Cool pan on wire rack.

Mix sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, and allspice in mixing bowl.  Bring rum, vanilla, brown sugar, and butter to boil in saucepan over medium-high heat, stir constantly. Add pecans and cook for 1 1/2 minutes, stir constantly with wooden spoon.  Mix pecans with bowl of spices to coat.  Place back on parchment-lined baking sheet to cool.

Respected Contributor

@momtochloe  thanks for the link. some of those appetizers look out of this world. can't wait to try several of them. 

Honored Contributor

Maple Bacon Crack.......yummmmmmmm

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@mtc Thank you the link--fabulous.  @deepwaterdotter  Thank you providing the recipe.  I'm always looking for new pre-dinner nibbles.  These sound scrumtious.

Honored Contributor

Deepwater: Where can I find raw pecans? I know DH would love those as an appetizer and also as a snack.

'cuz every girl's crazy 'bout a sharp dressed man
Trusted Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 I buy raw pecans at Costco, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's....do you have any of these stores close to you?  I hope so.

Respected Contributor

I loved those cheese truffles with the straight pretzel stick. I'm not so sure about the brussel sprout appetizers. There seems to be many people that dislike them. There are quite a few that I thought were really nice.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Deepwater: Where can I find raw pecans? I know DH would love those as an appetizer and also as a snack.

They sell them at my local grocer in the baking ingredients section.  Not inexpensive, but very tasty as a holiday treat.