Honored Contributor

Any good lemon pasta recipes? Please share!

This one is ftom Katie Lee. I haven't tried it yet

2018+-+06+-+07+Katie+Lee-346.jpg

katie-lee-lemon-pasta-today-180116-tease-01_8e390afe86a93771c00b8e21cb0dbdc5.today-inline-large2x.jpg

LEMON PASTA  

INGREDIENTS
  • 1 pound spaghetti

• 4 tablespoons unsalted butter

• 4 lemons, zested and 2 juiced

• 1/4 cup half and half or heavy cream

• 1/2 cup grated Parmesan, plus more for serving

• Salt and freshly ground black pepper

DIRECTIONS

Bring a large pot of generally salted water to a boil over high heat.

Cook spaghetti one to two minutes less than package instructions, until al dente. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water after the pasta has finished cooking.

While the pasta cooks, make the sauce. In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the lemon zest and juice. Add 1/2 cup pasta water and bring to a low simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

Add the pasta to the skillet and toss to coat in the sauce. Stir in the cream and remaining 1/4 cup of pasta water if it is dry. Turn off the heat and stir in the Parmesan. Serve with freshly ground black pepper and more Parmesan.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Wow, thanks @Chi-town girl 

This looks like it would make for a nice, light, summertime treat!

Honored Contributor

15-Minute_Lemony_Broccolini_Pasta_Recipe.jpg

15-Minute Lemony Broccolini Pasta

4 servings

INGREDIENTS

1 pound casarecce or other short pasta

2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 tablespoon unsalted butter

1 pound broccolini, roughly chopped

2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced

Zest and juice of 1 lemon

½ cup heavy cream

⅓ cup grated Parmesan cheese

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper 

½ cup pine nuts

3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil

DIRECTIONS

1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to the instructions on the package until al dente.

2. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the broccolini and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic, lemon zest and lemon juice; sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute.

3. Stir in the heavy cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add the Parmesan cheese.

4. Drain the pasta and then combine it with the sauce, tossing well to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with pine nuts and basil.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@lil spot wrote:

Wow, thanks @Chi-town girl 

This looks like it would make for a nice, light, summertime treat!

@lil spot  - yes! A nice summer pasta/side dish. Would be a nice compliment to grilled chicken or pork chops. Enjoy!!!!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lemon Pasta Recipes

[ Edited ]

Bye..., I am heading to the kitchen room and I will prepare Chi-town girl recipie for tonight's dinner.

...and I am back. Since I cannot invite you for an early dinner dear Chi-town girl, here is a plate for you from your delicious Lemon pasta.

Ladies, you need to prepare this meal, it's so good!

IMG_0609.jpeg

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Super Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

By..., I am heading to the kitchen room and I will prepare Chi-town girl recipie for tonight's dinner.

@Dinaki  What time shall @Chi-town girl  and I arrive for dinner?

Honored Contributor

One-Pot Lemon Garlic Cream Ravioli with Shrimp and Asparagus

Another 1 pot dish! And asparagus is in season now

• Its all made in ONE POT-even the ravioli-which means you only have to wash ONE POT!
  • It takes less than 30 minutes to make
  • Its easy to make (just look at the instructions)….so don’t get intimidated by the ingredient list 🙂
  • It has shrimp! which bonus, means you don’t have to chop raw chicken
  • Its crazy creamy without any heavy cream, only less fat cream cheese and cornstarch
  • Its packed with flavor
  • Is a complete meal-in-one with carbs, dairy, protein and veggies!
  • Its customizable – mix up the protein, veggies, etc.
  • Keep shrimp and ravioli stocked and you can make it any time
  • It tastes great as leftovers

INGREDIENTS
Shrimp
  • 1 pound medium shrimp peeled and deveined, tails on or off
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
Sauce
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • 1 tablespoons olive oil
  • 1 shallot, chopped
  • 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/4-1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
  • 1 cup asparagus chopped into 1” pieces
  • 3 cups low sodium chicken broth
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 tablespoon cornstarch
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 16 oz. pkg. quality refrigerated cheese ravioli
Add later:
  • 2 or 4 oz. cream cheese, cubed and softened (I use 1/3 less fat)*
  • 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
  • 3/4 cup frozen peas, thawed
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
REPLACE

INSTRUCTIONS

1. In a large nonstick sauté pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Sauté approximate 3 minutes, just until shrimp is opaque. Remove to a plate.

2. In the now empty pan, melt 1 tablespoon butter with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add shallots and asparagus and sauté 2 minutes over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes and sauté 30 seconds.

3. Add ravioli, milk, and half of the chicken broth. Mix remaining chicken broth with cornstarch and add to skillet along with dried basil, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer just until ravioli is al dente (a minute or so less than package instructions), being careful not to overcook. Turn heat to low.

4. Push ravioli to one side of the pan and add cream cheese to the other side and whisk until mostly melted, followed by Parmesan cheese. Stir in peas, lemon juice and shrimp. Heat through and garnish with fresh parsley and additional salt/pepper/lemon juice/Parmesan to taste if desired.
RECIPE NOTES

*4 oz. is luxuriously creamy.  If you are watching calories, 2 oz. is still delicious, just not quite as crazy creamy.

Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

By..., I am heading to the kitchen room and I will prepare Chi-town girl recipie for tonight's dinner.

@Dinaki  - so you are our Greek goddess!?! 

We usually attend an annual summer Greek festival - the food is AMAZING, lots of music, dancing,  ouzo is flowing. ..

One of the food stands sells a Greeek pasta with a side of sliced sesame seed bread. It's so yummy. It's a light summer pasta made with butter and Greek cheese

I think we can use the Katie Lee lemon pasta recipe and substitute a greek cheese for the Parmesan to make it a Greek pasta? 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Lemon Pasta Recipes

[ Edited ]

lil spot, she can come aanytime

and also Chi-town girl, do bring along some vino!

The Supreme Happiness Of Life Consists In The Conviction That One Is Loved.
I come from the beautiful and sunny Athens Greece
Honored Contributor

@Dinaki wrote:

Bye..., I am heading to the kitchen room and I will prepare Chi-town girl recipie for tonight's dinner.

...and I am back. Since I cannot invite you for an early dinner dear Chi-town girl, here is a plate for you from your delicious Lemon pasta.

Ladies, you need to prepare this meal, it's so good!

IMG_0609.jpeg

@Dinaki  that looks DELICIOUS  Heart thank you for testing the recipe!!!