Honored Contributor

Lemon Blondies - it's what's baking today at my house.

I found this recipe for Lemon Blondies.  I'm not a fan of chocolate, so I rarely bake brownies.  I'm hoping these are as good as the blogger seems to think they are.  I'll let you know later today.

lemon-brownies.jpg

Ingredients For the blondies
  • 1 1/2 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
  • 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
  • 1 tablespoon lemon zest
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
For the glaze
  • 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons lemon zest
  • 1 cup powdered sugar
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray.
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together flour and salt.
  3. Using an electric mixer, cream the butter, sugar and lemon zest at medium speed until light and fluffy.
  4. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in 2 tablespoons lemon juice.
  5. Reduce speed to low and add flour mixture, mixing until incorporated.
  6. Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for about 30-35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on wire rack to room temperature.
  7. Meanwhile, make the glaze by combining the powdered sugar, lemon juice and zest in a small bowl. Spread over brownies and let set for at least 10 minutes before serving.

© 2013 Let's Dish Recipes. All rights reserved. 

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lemon Blondies - it's what's baking today at my house.

In the oven, making the house smell fabulous -- baked, spiced apples with crunchy, brown-sugar oatmeal topping. Grandkids love it. Your blonde brownies sound terrific!  

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

You twisted my arm, I'll sample it for you.

Trusted Contributor

Yum! Those both sound so good! Love lemon and love baked apples.

I'm attempting a brown sugar pound cake with a caramel drizzle for after church tomorrow. I've never made this one before, but it sounds so good. Hoping it will be a success.

Honored Contributor

Wow, I that's a lot of fat for a relatively small batch of bars.  They can't help but be good.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Wow, I that's a lot of fat for a relatively small batch of bars.  They can't help but be good.

My husband's doctor actually told him he needs to gain 10-15 pounds.  I can't relate - it's never happened to me.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

In the oven, making the house smell fabulous -- baked, spiced apples with crunchy, brown-sugar oatmeal topping. Grandkids love it. Your blonde brownies sound terrific!  

I don't know if there's a better aroma than that!  And grandkids?  You are a very blessed woman.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

YUM!!! Sounds delish.

I will trade you some of my pumpkin bread for some of your lemon blondies? LOL!!!

I have pumpkin bread in the oven. It should be done in a few mins. Penzey's Cinnamon & Cloves smells yummy.

100_3870.JPG

Valued Contributor

Sounds delicious, will have to try them. Love new recipes.

Honored Contributor

Omg.... luckily I cut them into small rectangles, rather than squares. I ate one after dinner last night and could easily have gobbled a few more. I think I deserve to feel proud for not doing that. 

They are excellent and I will surely make them again.  The blogger suggested a square pan - next time I make them I will use a 9x13 instead.  I would prefer to get more of the thinner bars out of it, but oh, my! They are excellent!

~ house cat ~