New Contributor
I purchased the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment and have just received it. I went to the KitchenAid web site to look for the recipes that were on the air that day and there are so many that I have no idea which one they used. Anyone have an idea about the recipes? It would be nice if they would include them with the maker.
Honored Contributor

Well, there are custard base ice creams and then cream ice creams and lots in between---I made ice cream in my vitamix using coconut milk-.  Not sure what you mean, I guess. Was it presented on a QVC show? I don't watch much QVC but had a ice cream maker where you froze the container first, and then you made the base and got that cold too. Was a great little machine and very easy to do. Made lots of different ice creams and sherbets too. If you want recipes specific to your KA one, the KA site would be my first choice too.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@UVAMOM maybe this was a presentation that was recorded?  I remember seeing some of the things they were making but don't remember what they were,  that was too long ago,  LOL

Honored Contributor

@UVAMOM 

I purchased the KA ice cream attachment a while back but could never fit it in my freezer til I got a new upright recently!!

I have made this recipe to start...no eggs, no cooking...very easy...

3 cups total of heavy cream, milk or combo

the more cream, the higher the fat content and is richer  * I think the combo tasted better than my first try using all HCr.

3/4 cup sugar
1 teas vanilla
pinch of salt

Mix well in a large measuring cup.

Fridge for at least 1 hr.

Bracket goes in the top of the mixer, paddle just sets in the frozen bowl.

Turn on LOW FIRST, and slowing pour in the mixture while it is running.

Churn 20 mins. or so, it should be growing to the top of the bowl and getting thicker.

IF USING ADD INS (ch chips, cookies etc)  ADD THEM NOW...NEVER EARILIER and churn a bit longer.

I found I had to 'spatula' in the chips as I was putting it in a L&L to freeze. 

IMPT:
Let the bowl come to room temp b4 cleaning.  Don't add hot water while it is cold or it could crack.  Clean and return to freezer.

Honored Contributor

@UVAMOM 

Another easy version....I try the 'cook/egg' recipes a long the line, but thought going the easy route was best as I was learning.

I sifted my cocoa.   This was FAB!  I used a combo of Hvy Cr, half/half and whole milk to get to my 3 1/4 cups liquid.  I wanted to use them up.  Came out GREAT!

I used almond ext instead and again...added choc chips.

Easy Chocolate Ice Cream (no eggs)

This simple and easy chocolate ice cream is rich, full of chocolate flavor, and completely egg-free. Only 6 ingredients.
  • Prep Time: 5 min         Total Time: 5 minutes     

• 1 cup Dutch process cocoa powder, unsweetened
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
  • 2/3 cup white sugar
  • 1 1/2 cups whole milk, very cold
  • 3 1/4 cups heavy cream, very cold
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract

Instructions

1. Whisk: In a chilled bowl, combine cocoa and both sugars, whisking to combine well. Add cold milk and whisk until sugars are dissolved. Stir in cold heavy cream and vanilla. The colder everything is, the better.
  2. Churn and Freeze: Pour mixture into the freezer bowl of ice cream maker. Let run for 25-30 minutes, or until mixture is thick, soft, and creamy. Churned ice cream should increase in volume, reaching the top of the machine’s freezer bowl. Transfer to airtight container and freeze at least 2 hours or until ice cream is desired consistency.
  3. Serve: Prior to serving, let ice cream sit at room temp for a few minutes just to soften enough for easy scooping.

Notes

To chill your mixing bowl, place in freezer for a few minutes. You’ll want everything super cold so it churns successfully.
Keep ice cream maker’s freezer bowl in the freezer until ready to pour ingredients in. Follow your machine’s manufacturer instructions.
Have a container and rubber spatulas ready to transfer churned ice cream as soon as it’s done. You should have about 1.5 quarts, roughly the same amount as store-bought tubs. (Some machines make up to 2 quarts at a time.)
  no egg chocolate ice cream
Honored Contributor

@UVAMOM 

This will be my next try

Developed by Tina Verrilli of KA

Butter Toffee Crunch Ice Cream

Easy & Delicious Homemade Ice Cream!! Reminds me of that old fashioned "Butter Brickle" flavor. It's a Rich and creamy, butter and brown sugar flavored base with crunchy toffee bits mixed in. (Makes about 1.5 quarts)

Tina Verrelli – epicuricloud.com

Prep Time: 5 minutes   Cook Time: 10 minutes      Churning Time: 25 minutes      Servings: 12

Equipment

• Ice Cream Maker

Ingredients

• 2 tablespoons butter
  • 3/4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups half and half
  • 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/2 cup toffee bits plus more for sprinkles

Instructions

• In small saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Add brown sugar, salt and half and half. Heat, stirring, until the brown sugar has dissolved or until small bubbles form around the edge of the pan. Don't boil. Let cool.
  • Into the cooled mixture, add cold heavy cream and vanilla. Refrigerate at least 6 hours or until fully chilled before churning ice cream. (The butter will solidify – this is fine, it will smooth out and incorporate during the churning.)
  • Follow directions for your specific ice cream maker to make ice cream.
  • For my KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment: Make sure bowl is completely frozen. I freeze for 24 hours with my freezer on the coldest setting. Then attach to mixer. (see video in article for how-to.)
  • Stir the ice cream mixture to make sure all the ingredients are incorporated. (the butter will be a little chunky – it will incorporate during the churning.)
  • With frozen bowl attached to mixer, dasher and adaptor in place – run mixer on "stir" speed and pour in chilled ice cream mixture.
  • Churn for about 20-25 minutes or until "soft-serve" texture. During last minute of churning add your toffee bits.
  • Transfer ice cream to freezer safe container and freeze for 2-4 hours to "ripen" or firm-up for scooping. (I try to choose a "wide-enough" container to make scooping easier.)

Nutrition (approx. data estimated via online nutritional calculator.)

Calories: 289kcal (14%) | Carbohydrates: 22g (7%) | Protein: 2g (4%) | Fat: 22g (34%) | Saturated Fat: 14g (88%) | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 73mg (24%) | Sodium: 94mg (4%) | Potassium: 99mg (3%) | Sugar: 20g (22%) | Vitamin A: 781IU (16%) | Vitamin C: 1mg (1%) | Calcium: 77mg (8%) | Iron: 1mg (6%)

Honored Contributor

Anyone else having any recipes to use with the KA ice cream attachment?

TIA!

New Contributor

HeartLove all the recipes..the show was just recently on and this was a new designed ice cream maker attacement.

I will definitely go back and search for a recorded show..(Thanks for that idea!) i wish I had wrote down what they did that day.

I looked on the KitA site and they have soo many different recipes and I just want to make it simple..I found David's favorite on his page.

My husband wants Butter Pecan and of course, it was on that day also

Just a simple recipe book of the ones they do on air..is that too much to ask of QVC? LOL Smiley LOL

I greatly appreciate all of ya'll for your recipes and if ya'll have any others, please keep them coming..