Honored Contributor

Keto French Toast Casserole

[ Edited ]

Not exactly a cookie or a treat.  Well, it'll be a treat for us since I usually don't eat or make breakfast anymore.  I'm thinking of making this for Christmas morning.

Keto French Toast Casserole

image.jpeg

Keto French Toast Casserole is the game-changing breakfast idea you have been waiting for. This incredible french toast has a comforting bread layer, cream cheese filling, creamy custard, and a cinnamon crumb topping.

Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time1 hr
Total Time1 hr 15 mins

Course: Breakfast, brunch
Cuisine: American

Servings: 9

Calories: 343

Ingredients
Bread:
  • 3 tbsp butter
  • 3 tbsp almond flour
  • 3 tbsp coconut flour
  • 3 eggs
  • 1/4 cup coconut milk
  • 2 tsp baking powder
Cream Cheese Filling:
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 2 tbsp powdered erythritol
  • 1 tsp vanilla
Custard:
  • 3 eggs
  • 1 cup coconut milk
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar sweetener
  • 1/4 cup heavy cream
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
Topping:
  • 1 cup almond flour
  • 5 tbsp butter
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar sweetener
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • sugar free syrup optional
Instructions
  • Preheat oven to 350.
  • Stir together ingredients for the bread. Spread in an 8x8 baking dish. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden. Cool for 10 minutes and cut into cubes. (can be made the day before)
  • Mix together the cream cheese filling.
  • Blend the custard ingredients until smooth.
  • Cut the butter into the flour, sweetener, and cinnamon to form crumbs for the topping.
Assembly:
  • Place cubes of bread in the 8x8 baking dish. Drop dollops of cream cheese filling on top of the bread. Pour the custard over the top. Sprinkle on the topping.
  • Bake for 40-45 minutes until golden brown and set in the center. Serve with sugar-free maple syrup.
Notes
Nutrition: this recipe makes 9 generous pieces. There are 4 NET carbs per serving.

Substitutions: swap out the cinnamon for pumpkin pie spice for a different flavor. 

Brown Sugar Sweetener: to easily make your own simply mix 1 tsp of molasses into 1 cup of a 1:1 white sugar sweetener.

Prep Time: you can prepare the bread up to one day in advance to save yourself time later. 

To Reheat: place the casserole on a microwave-safe plate and heat up for 30 seconds - 1 minute or until hot. It heats quickly, and you don’t want to warm it too long, or it will dry out. Heat in the oven at 325 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until hot. 

To Freeze: cover the casserole with plastic wrap after it has cooled. Then put it in the fridge for up to 2 months. Defrost in the fridge and heat up once thawed. 

Notes on Sweeteners: 

To sub in Swerve or Lakanto Monk Fruit use 1.5 times the amount of sweetener called for. 

To sub in Pyure or Trim Healthy Mama Super Sweet use half the amount of sweetener called for.

Substitutions will work in most recipes. They may not work in candies, such as caramel.

Nutrition

Serving: 1piece | Calories: 343 | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 173mg | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 192mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 909IU | Calcium: 172mg | Iron: 1mg
Respected Contributor

Re: Keto French Toast Casserole

Looks wonderful!

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Trusted Contributor

Copied and will be making this soon. Looks so good.  I Have all the ingredients except the erythritol, but I have monk fruit. 

Thanks for sharing @JeanLouiseFinch 

Respected Contributor

That looks yummy.

Valued Contributor

Thank you @JeanLouiseFinch @for posting Keto recipes.

You are continuing to have excellent results and many people will benefit from your knowledge and recipes.