Frequent Contributor

Did Jill ever post the recipe?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Jill's Lemon Ricotta Cake

Sadly, she never did. But there are plenty of great lemon ricotta cake recipes posted online; find one with good reviews, and you should be all set.

Valued Contributor

Jill has a new Facebook page.  If you are not on Facebook, Google "Just Jill Bauer" and you can click on the link to view her page.  The evening after she retired, she had a live chat.  She said she realized she never posted the Lemon Ricotta Cake recipe on QVC but would do so on her new Facebook page soon.  So...keep checking.  If I see it, I'll copy it to this thread.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hot shopper here's Jill's recipe.  She recently posted it on her Just Jill Bauer facebook page.  @beach-mom I think you were searching for this too.

Enjoy a little slice of Summer with this wonderful lemon pound cake! Many of you saw me make this during one of my QVC shows....It is easy to make and a delicious mix of slightly sweet and sour. Enjoyable!!

Summer Lemon Pound Cake

1. 1 3/4 c. cake flour...
2. 1/2 tsp. baking powder
3. 1/4 tsp. baking soda
4. 1/4 tsp. salt
5. 1 c. sugar
6. 3/4 c. ricotta cheese
7. 1 stick (1/2 c.) butter, softened
8. 4 eggs
Juice and zest from 1 lemon, separated
1 tsp. lemon extract
1 tsp. vanilla

Lemon glaze:
1c. Powdered sugar
1/2c. Fresh lemon juice.
(If too runny, add a little more powdered sugar...)

1. Preheat oven to 325º F and lightly grease a 9x5-inch baking dish.
2. Whisk together cake flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl until combined, then set aside.
3. In a small bowl, stir together ricotta, lemon juice and zest, and also set aside until ready to use.
4. In a large bowl or mixer, cream together butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes, or until fluffy and lightened in color.
5. Beat in eggs one at a time, then mix in lemon and vanilla extracts.
6. Alternate between wet and dry ingredients, beginning and ending with the flour mixture, and scraping down the bowl as needed.
7. Pour batter into greased loaf pan and place in oven.
8. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out mostly clean, but with a couple moist crumbs attached. Remove from oven and using a fork, poke holes into loaf.
9. Mix together ingredients for glaze. Pour over pound cake.
Let cake sit for about an hour to finish cooling….then dust with powdered sugar and additional lemon zest.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@lynne6was7 - Thank you so much for posting this! I thought we would never get it. This is one recipe I'll definitely be trying! Smiley Happy