Regular Contributor

This has been posted before by JPC and I made it a while ago and loved it!!(too much{#emotions_dlg.blush})

Thank you JPC for a dessert that has become one of my favorites!!

Like JPC noted, she doesn't add any whip cream or chocolate syrup to it, and I agree...it doesn't need it. I gave the recipe to my mom and she made it with chocolate pudding...she said it was delicious too!

/></div> </div> <p><strong>Cream Puff Dessert</strong><br/> <br/> <br/> 1 cup water<br/> 1 stick margarine<br/> 1 cup flour<br/> 4 eggs<br/> 1 6 oz pkg vanilla instant pudding (JPC uses two small and that's what I did as well)<br/> 3 cups of milk<br/> 1 8 oz pkg cream cheese, softened<br/> 1 4 oz container whipped dessert topping<br/> Chocolate sauce<br/> <br/> Bring water and margarine to a boil. Add flour and stir until mixture leaves the side of the pan and forms a ball. Remove pan from stove. Add eggs, one at a time and beat well. Spread mixture in a 9X13 pan. (hard to spread and seems a little sticky but spread as evenly as possible) Bake 30 minutes in a preheated 400 degree oven. When cool, top with mixture of combined pudding, milk and cream cheese. Recipe says to top with whipped dessert topping and drizzle with chocolate sauce and refrigerate. I never use the whipped topping or chocolate sauce, hubby likes it without. I have served it that way & have let guests add what they would like on top. I think it would keep better in fridge without whipped topping on it.<br/> <br/> Serves 10-12.</p> <p>Here is a photo of my crust - mine was really puffy!</p> <div id=
/></div> </div> <p><br/> <br/> <strong>Note from JPC~</strong><br/> ***When you take the crust out of the oven, it is really puffed up but as it cools, it does deflate. Don't worry when this happens, does it every time I make it and tastes great. ENJOY!!!!<br/> pricked the crust immediately after baking, you could prevent the 'collapse'. When I make cream puffs, the recipes always state to pierce or cut a small slice in the puff to let the steam escape. Maybe that would work for the crust, too.<br/> *** I use 2 small packages of vanilla pudding in place of the 6 oz size.</p> <p><br/> ******We also never use the cool whip or chocolate. Tastes wonderful without. Mr Crazy thinks it takes away from the taste of the cream puff dessert.<br/> This is Mr. Crazy's favorite dessert and I think would be easier than making the regular cream puffs as you just put the cream mixture on the puff part.<br/> Enjoy<br/> <em>~from JustPlainCrazy</em></p>