Regular Contributor

This was our supper tonight. My family loved it! I have made Italian beef before but after reading a few recipes online...this is the recipe that I came up with today~

Italian Beef

Italian Beef

1 (3 ½) lb. chuck roast

salt, pepper, garlic powder to taste

In Dutch oven, brown roast on both sides. Place in crock pot.

Saute 1 onion, diced, in same Dutch oven.

Add :

oregano, dried- about 1 teaspoon

red pepper flakes to taste

fresh marjoram- 1 teaspoon

1/2 teaspoon dried basil

fresh thyme- about 1 tablespoon

garlic clove- I only add one because I don’t like a lot of garlic.

Deglaze dutch oven with about ½-3/4 cup white wine and stir in about 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.

Be sure to get all of the browned bits off the bottom of the pan and pour over roast. Add 3 cups of water and 3 teaspoons of Better Than Bouillon, beef flavor.

I had Hungarian peppers and banana peppers in the garden so I added half of a Hungarian, left intact so I could remove it later. We don’t like it very spicy.

I diced two banana peppers and poured a little apple cider vinegar, salt and pepper on them and let sit on the counter a couple hours. Then I drained it and added to crock pot.

I cooked on low for 8 ½ hours. Just before serving, I sautéed another onion in a skillet to top the sandwich. I would have added a green pepper if I had one.

I also topped sandwich with sliced Monterey Jack cheese.

Serve on Italian or French bread.

I ate with a fork because the juice makes the bread soggy and good!

/></div> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> </div> <div id=
/></div> </div>