Esteemed Contributor

If I half a recipe in my IP, do I half the cooking time?

I just got the new IP cookbook and thought I'd make something healthy - spicy black beans. The recipe calls for 2lbs - that's a lot of beansWoman LOL!  Imagine if I froze half of the beans they'd probably be soggy once defrosted.  That's why I want to half the recipe.

Your advice would be appreciated!Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Question

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme  No, cook the regular time. 

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks, @Sooner!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  Which cookbook did you get.  I'm looking for a "good" and "helpful" one, but there are so many out there.  As soon as I think I've found one, the reviews are so mixed -- not enough pics, recipes don't turn out right, etc.  Any suggestions from anyone would be helpful.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just rec'd from amazonsmile:  The Ultimat Instant Pot Pressure Cooker Cookbook by Ella Sanders.  I believe it sold out on QVC and wasn't on waitlist.

Just got this one so can't tell you how good it is. There's 200 recipes, seems for 4 - 6 servings mostly.  The black bean recipe I'm gonna try first 'cause have a pound and this only takes thirty minutes to cook with ingredients I have on hand!

I was loking for yogurt recipes but none.  Lot of good-looking dessert recipes  though I might try.  Actually, imo, getting hungry skimming thru this book. No reviews yet 'cause it just came out.  

If you purchase it, @coffee drinker, hope you enjoy it!

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  I'll check out Amazon.  Thanks..

Valued Contributor
There’s a website pressureluckcooking.com that has lots of Instant Pot recipes, hints and videos. He’s awesome!
Esteemed Contributor

@coffee drinker wrote:

@eddyandme  I'll check out Amazon.  Thanks..

@coffee drinker, don't mean to be rude, but just un case you're not aware, log into amazonsmile.com - same company but yu can pick a charity and amazon donayes a small percentage of every purchase to that charity.  I give to SCRNYC 'cause they rescued my furbaby!

Esteemed Contributor

@DiamondGirly wrote:
There’s a website pressureluckcooking.com that has lots of Instant Pot recipes, hints and videos. He’s awesome!

Thanks, @DiamondGirly!  I'm certainly gonna try it out!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

@eddyandme  You are NOT being rude.  I never heard of Amazonsmile dot com and will have to check it out and remember when I order something from them.  Wish I knew sooner because I bought something earlier this afternoon.  There's always tomorrow.  Thanks.