Respected Contributor

I have searched the internet for times to cook a boneless ham and can't find any.  All I find are recipes for bone-in hams.  Can anyone tell me how many minutes per pound and how long to release steam after the cooking time. 

Thank you.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Help Needed

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker wrote:

I have searched the internet for times to cook a boneless ham and can't find any.  All I find are recipes for bone-in hams.  Can anyone tell me how many minutes per pound and how long to release steam after the cooking time. 

Thank you.

@coffee drinker- I found this with a Google search.  Hope it helps.

Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the knob to the Sealing position. Press the Meat, Manual or Pressure Cook button and then the + or - button to choose 25 minutes (5-6 lb ham). Be sure to cook on HIGH pressure if you have the option to do so. If you have a 3-4 lb ham, reduce the time to 20 minutes,

Another recipe

Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position. Your ham's cook time will depend on the wight/thickness. Use High pressure. I usually cook a 6 pound ham for 20 minutes, 7-8 pounds for 25 minutes, 9-10 pounds for 30 minutes This is for an UNCUT ham.

Respected Contributor

@qbetzforreal  Thanks.  Didn't see that on Google and I've been looking. 

Honored Contributor

I googled how to cook a ham in instant pot and got a very detailed recipe...try that and see if you can find it

Respected Contributor

@coffee drinker   

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@coffee drinker wrote:

Thank you.

@coffee drinker- I found this with a Google search.  Hope it helps.

Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the knob to the Sealing position. Press the Meat, Manual or Pressure Cook button and then the + or - button to choose 25 minutes (5-6 lb ham). Be sure to cook on HIGH pressure if you have the option to do so. If you have a 3-4 lb ham, reduce the time to 20 minutes,

Another recipe

Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the steam release knob to the Sealing position. Your ham's cook time will depend on the wight/thickness. Use High pressure. I usually cook a 6 pound ham for 20 minutes, 7-8 pounds for 25 minutes, 9-10 pounds for 30 minutes This is for an UNCUT ham.

i just googled boneless ham in instant pot

it said cook on high pressure 2 minutes per pound.

qbetzforeal recipe looked like alot of time to me for boneless.

Respected Contributor

Thanks, @kittyloo .  I believe I saw that one, too.  Imagine cooking or heating up a ham 2 mintes/lb.  Instant pots are the greatest!!!

New Contributor

Don't you need some liquid to get the steam pressure to work