Respected Contributor

Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Recipe for all our QVC Pals:).

[ Edited ]

We water bath canned 4 bags of fresh organic cranberries.

All 128 ounces of luscious organic cranberries were safely water bath canned, canning jars washed and rims removed, then labeled and dated. 

Now we have 14 more pint jars of delicious cranberry sauce with  large bits of whole and chunk cranberries to enjoy throughout next year.  

I also use my instant pot multi cooker when making a small batch of cranberry sauce, so I usually keep bags of organic frozen cranberries in the freezer year round.

For those who would like to try the Instant Pot recipe I have listed it below:

Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Recipe:

Ingredients:

10 ounces organic fresh or frozen cranberries.

1 to 2 medium apples, peeled, cored and cut into chunks.

1/4 cup lemon juice.

We prefer using sugar to taste and I keep tasting until it is to our desired sweetness, but you can also use either honey or maple syrup if desired, or no sweetener at all, or your dietary preferred sweetner.....(your personal preference).

1/4 teaspoon sea salt

1 teaspoon cinnamon

Directions:

Combine all ingredients into the Instant Pot inner pot.

Place the lid on and rotate the venting knob to the sealing position.

Press the Manual button.

If the setting is not on High, then change it to High.

Adjust minutes to 1.

It will turn on and come to pressure, and then go through the 1 minute cook time.

When the Instant Pot beeps then it is done/

Leave it alone for 7 minutes to release pressure naturally. 

(Watch the clock on the outside to see when 7 minutes have elapsed).

Hit the cancel button.

Turn the knob from the sealing position to the venting position to release the rest of the pressure.

Mash the fruit a bit either with a heavy wooden spoon or with your immersion stick blender. (Phillip and I like to leave ours a bit chunky, but that is our personal preference).

Hit the saute button and let simmer a minute or two while stirring, so that some of the liquid can evaporate and the mixture can thicken.

When the cranberry sauce has thickened and you like the consistency hit the cancel button.

If you have omitted sugar, honey, or maple syrup due to dietary restrictions you can use Stevia to taste.

Transfer cranberry sauce into a canning jar, and refrigerate.........then enjoy with whatever you are serving.

I make it year round because it is nutritious and healthy, and because we also love it with meats, poultry, and pork, and even warm it and top various desserts with  it. 

I hope it is enjoyed by anyone who has a pressure cooker and loves cranberry sauce as much as we do.

Wishing all our QVC Pals wonderful safe blessed upcoming holidays, and ho, ho, ho...... let it snow, let it snow, let it snowSmiley Happy.

Trusted Contributor

Re: Instant Pot Cranberry Sauce Recipe for all our QVC Pals:).

@adoreqvc

Good to see you back and posting again.  I have a recipe request -- back in October in the thread Hello to all our QVC Pals......What are you cooking today?, you mentioned the following:

I am so glad you really enjoy my mashed sweet potatoes, with the Tequilla Key Lime.

That recipe is so addictive, especially with lime marinated broiled fish topped with crunchy buttered bread crumbs, and filled inside with fresh crab meat.

Now that is how I usually serve that recipe, and the fish is so scruptious with the mashed sweet potatoes with the Tequilla Key Lime. 

@Respectlife and @mtc and I all searched our files for that fish recipe which you said you thought you had already posted, but we came up empty.

When you have time, would you post it again, please?  You set our fish-loving little appetites all a-quiver with the thought of that fish with "crunchy buttered bread crumbs" and "fresh crab meat" !   (Many thanks.)

Honored Contributor

I never knew cranberry sauce was so easy to make! Years ago I found the recipe to the Williams Sonoma cranberry sauce, we would always buy a jar from their store. Found the recipe and never looked back. Its, by far, THE best cranberry sauce! I actually make more, can it, and we use it as jam on toast, bagels throughout the year. Yummm!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Honeybit,

Many thanks for all your kind words, and it is nice to be back posting ocassionally when I feel up to itSmiley Happy.

I just posted the Tequila Lime Marinated Broiled Stuffed Flouder recipe under the Recipes Category for you, and all our QVC friends to all enjoy, and I hope you all try it and love it as we do.

Happy Holidays to all.......Eat, enjoy and be merry, and for Christmas  and the New Year....let it snow, let it snow, let it snowSmiley Happy.

Respected Contributor

Yes ID2 cranberry sauce is very easy to make.