Super Contributor

Sunday KWD they were demonstrating a pork "stew" made in the Ninja Cooking System. David said the recipe was in the cookbook that came with the Ninja. I only got in on the last of it, but the served it over rice and it sounded/looked delicious. Would any of you have this recipe / be willing to share it? I have several slow cookers and am not in the market for another one; but I am really interested in this recipe. Thanks in advance for anyone's help.

Valued Contributor

Re: IKWD recipe question / help

This is a recipe out of the Ninja cookbook. Looks like what you may be looking for....

THAI-STYLE PORK STEW

1 boneless pork shoulder roast (2-1/2 to 3 pounds)

Salt and ground black pepper

1 T vegetable oil

2 medium red peppers, cut into 1-inch pieces

6 green onions, cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces

3 garlic cloves, minced

1/8 cup each teriyaki sauce and rice wine vinegar

1 T. hot pepper sauce

1/3 cup creamy peanut butter

Hot cooked basmati rice

1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts

1. Season pork w/s&p

2. Pour oil into pot. Set to STOVETOP HIGH and heat oil. Place pork into pot. Cook uncovered 15 min. or till pork browned on all sides. Add peppers, half of green onions, garlic, teriyaki sauce, vinegar, and pepper sauce. Set to SLOW COOK HIGH for 4-5 hours. Cover and cook until pork is tender.

3. Remove port to cutting board and cut into 1-inch pieces. Stir peanut butter into pot. Return pork to pot. Serve pork mixture over rice. Sprinkle with remaining onions and peanuts.

Super Contributor

Re: IKWD recipe question / help

THANK YOU StirFan! I'm sure this is the recipe. David said it had a little ""bite""; I will give it a whirl!