Super Contributor

Re: How do you like your tuna fish?

I make tuna salad fairly often. . .with mayo, lime pickles, a little minced onion, boiled eggs, and celery.  When my mom served tuna, my dad, a beef farmer, would always ask "are we out of meat"??  When our son was in the (baseball ) minors he often ate in sub sandwich places and always ordered a tuna and turkey sandwich (which seems an odd combination to me, but protein packed!).

Valued Contributor

Mayo, chopped onion, chopped celery, sweet or dill relish (whatever is in my fridge), chopped stuffed green olives on really fresh white bread with american cheese. And tomato slices if they are in season

cookin

Respected Contributor

What a coincidence! I just had tuna salad for lunch today. I usually make it using solid white albacore tuna. I add chopped celery, green pepper, onions (or onion powder), sweet relish, a little mustard, boiled eggs and mayo. I'll have it with crackers and grapes. But, if I decide to eat the tuna as a sandwich, I'll eat it on lightly toasted wheat bread with lettuce, tomato and potato chips on the side.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tuna mixed with mayo and a dab of sweet pickle relish on toasted bread with lettuce, yum !!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Out of the can...........If I feel "creative", I put a glob of mayo on

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

Always w/ curry!

Mayo, celery, onion, parsley, maybe a pinch of Old Bay on toasted rye w/ some kind of lettuce.

Super Contributor

Mixed with mayo and refrigerated before eating on bread with cheese. Sometimes broiled on a hamburger bun with cheese. This is making me hungry for it!! I think I know what I will be having for lunch tomorrow!

Esteemed Contributor

I like my tuna any way I can get it.  It's my absolute favorite food and I could eat it every day!  

Mmmmm, craving a tuna sandwich now.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lork

Had to laugh at your Dad's question about "missing meat" when tuna was served.  My Dad was raised in the Midwest, and the only time we could have tuna (creamed on toast) or any type of seafood was when he was out of town on a business trip.

The man liked his beef and pork.  Didn't care for poultry and absolutely despised lamb, which he always referred to-- in a tone of absolute disgust-- as "mutton".

Mom said that shortly after they were married, she opened a tuna can and he almost left the premises.  Couldn't stand the smell.

Picky  picky!  Sheesh............

Honored Contributor

Too fishy, I'll pass or get ham or chicken.  Not a fish lover.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment