Contributor

Horribly Unhealthy but Deliciously Divine! Great SuperBowl (or party) Sliders

If you're heading to a Super Bowl party and need a relatively quick recipe that will have everyone praising your abilities as a culinary artist...here ya go:

1 package of Hawaiian Rolls

1 lb ground sausage (regular or spicy)

1 lb lean ground beef

1 block Velveeta Cheese

In a large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef; drain the fat off

cube up the Velveeta and toss into the sausage/beef mixture in the pan allowing it to melt and coat the meat.  Once everything has melded together, cut your Hawaiian rolls in half, slather the meat mixture on, put tops back on the rolls and slide them back into the Hawaiian Roll package for easy transport.  

This sounds disgusting, but it's decadent, delicious and EASY!  Enjoy!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Horribly Unhealthy but Deliciously Divine! Great SuperBowl (or party) Sliders

@DollyRever wrote:

If you're heading to a Super Bowl party and need a relatively quick recipe that will have everyone praising your abilities as a culinary artist...here ya go:

1 package of Hawaiian Rolls

1 lb ground sausage (regular or spicy)

1 lb lean ground beef

1 block Velveeta Cheese

In a large skillet, brown sausage and ground beef; drain the fat off

cube up the Velveeta and toss into the sausage/beef mixture in the pan allowing it to melt and coat the meat.  Once everything has melded together, cut your Hawaiian rolls in half, slather the meat mixture on, put tops back on the rolls and slide them back into the Hawaiian Roll package for easy transport.  

This sounds disgusting, but it's decadent, delicious and EASY!  Enjoy!

THANKS!!!! ....sounds delicious .... I'll give it a try the next time I have company!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Horribly Unhealthy but Deliciously Divine! Great SuperBowl (or party) Sliders

Horribly unhealthy & disgusting? I'm in.

Valued Contributor

It sounds disgusting and loaded with FAT. NO thanks.

Honored Contributor

It's a good thing "potluck" is against the law in Arizona (except for office parties).    

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

OH, Boy. Sounds Good to me! Thanks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

LOL! We used to make a dip like that! And added a can of Ro Tel, or green chiles...YUm

I think this would make a great supper over a baked potato!

Frequent Contributor

If I thought something someone posted sounded bad, I certainly wouldn't be so rude about it! If you can't say something nice.....

Respected Contributor

@kittymama wrote:

If I thought something someone posted sounded bad, I certainly wouldn't be so rude about it! If you can't say something nice.....

And it's not just that, sure everyone is entitled to their opinion..But there are a handful of posters who feel it is their moral duty to tell the rest of us how to eat.. As if there is virtue in a certain diet, or a particular food...

No particular food is sinful, or evil...Nor does engaging in any certain diet make you morally superior...and believing so, is likely the genesis of many eating disorders....

The OP even gave a disclaimer on this post for Heavens sake

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@kittymama wrote:

And it's not just that, sure everyone is entitled to their opinion..But there are a handful of posters who feel it is their moral duty to tell the rest of us how to eat.. As if there is virtue in a certain diet, or a particular food...

No particular food is sinful, or evil...Nor does engaging in any certain diet make you morally superior...and believing so, is likely the genesis of many eating disorders....

The OP even gave a disclaimer on this post for Heavens sake

@Pinkandblue

@Mothertrucker

I agree!!!

I give other posters here credit for having enough sense to know that some of these recipes are for special occasions & in moderation only. We know that, they don't need to remind us constantly do they??? Remember the mac & cheese thread??? 

Anyways, thank you for posting the recipe! It would be fun to try once or I even do half a recipe at times so I can give things a try without having to eat a bunch of it.