Regular Contributor

Re: Help....need an easy chocolate dessert

If you are a member of Costco, you can order their chocolate mousse cake for about $20. Feeds an army! Very very tasty!

Respected Contributor

@NicksmomESQ wrote:

-Buy a ready made graham cracker crust.I use the chocolate one.

- Get a package of instant chocolate pudding .Prepare according to package directions.

- Get an 8 oz container of cool whip.Make sure it’s softened.

- Fold 1/2 of the container of cool whip into the chocolate pudding.

- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust & even it out

- Use the rest of the cool whip to frost the top of the chocolate pudding mixture.

- Garnish the top with anything you would like.I’ve used,chopped walnuts, Hershey Kisses, crushed malted milk balls etc.

- Chill for an hour

- Viola!! A yummy chocolate mousse pie!!

I make this all the time, sometimes if it's to be eaten fast, I slice a banana in the bottom before I put the pudding in.

Honored Contributor

Brownies:   Guests can nibble.....or eat the whole plate full

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@lovesrecess wrote:

Buy a brownie mix...I still like Betty Crocker....add ingredients in directions but also add a 1 and 1/2 t of espresso powder.
Pour half the batter into pan. Then lay a whole symphony chocolate toffee bar...the ones that are around 6 inches long...on top of the the batter in the pan. Make sure to leave the chocolate bar intact...don’t chop or break it up. Then add the rest of the batter and bake as directed. You won’t believe how good these brownies are!

what size pan do you use....

@lovesrecess 

I was wondering what size pan also...8 x 8?

Would you also clarify....what candy bar size.....are you speaking of the large family size ones?

Or the one serving size like you would find at the checkout?

Those 'personal size' candy bars don't seem big enough for a square pan of brownies.

Thanks for your help!!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Chocolate Mousse-EASY

1 (3.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix

1 1/2 cups milk

1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed

Prepare the pudding in a large bowl using 1 1/2 cups milk instead of the suggested 2 cups using package directions.

Fold in the whipped topping until blended.

Put in individual dessert ramekins or dessert cups.

Refrigerate until chilled and serve with little Cool Whip on top.

I made this using Almond Joy instant pudding mix and then made it again using  Dark Fudge instant pudding mix.

Edited to add:  this makes 6 individual desserts in ramekins. 

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1 ...I make this a lot but use lemon pudding...it's very refreshing.  Even tho dh loves just about anything chocolate he prefers the lemon pudding in this dessert.

Trusted Contributor

Hershey's Hot Fudge Pudding Cake-from Hersheys.com

This is one of my favorite desserts to make. It's not that difficult to make, and it is a very decadent-tasting dessert. Smiley Happy

INGREDIENTS

• 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar , divided
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa , divided
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup milk
  • 1/3 cup butter or margarine , melted
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
  • 1-1/4 cups water hot
  • Whipped topping (optional)

DIRECTIONS

1. Heat oven to 350°F. Combine 3/4 cup granulated sugar, flour, 1/4 cup cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in milk, butter and vanilla; beat until smooth. 

2. Spread batter in ungreased 9-inch square baking pan. Stir together remaining 1/2 cup granulated sugar, brown sugar and remaining 1/4 cup cocoa; sprinkle mixture evenly over batter. Pour hot water over top; do not stir. 

3. Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes. Serve in dessert dishes, spooning sauce from bottom of pan over top. Garnish with whipped topping, if desired. Makes 9 (1/2 cup) servings.