1/4 cup soft butter

1/2 cup flour

1/2 Tbsp sugar

1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Mix together with a fork; press into 8x8 pan and bake @350 for 15 minutes

Layer #1:

8 oz cream cheese softened

1/2 cup powdered sugar

1/2 cup Cool Whip (from a small container)

Mix the cream cheese and powdered sugar together with electric beater until blended.

Fold in the Cool Whip

Spread on the crust

Layer #2

1 small package instant chocolate pudding mix

1 3/4 cup milk

Whisk together per package instructions. Let sit for 5 minutes.

Spread on top of cream cheese layer.

Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Top layer:

Spread remaining Cool Whip on top

Top with Hershey's candy bar shavings

Honored Contributor

Re: Help....need an easy chocolate dessert

[ Edited ]

Buy a brownie mix...I still like Betty Crocker....add ingredients in directions but also add a 1 and 1/2 t of espresso powder.
Pour half the batter into pan. Then lay a whole symphony chocolate toffee bar...the ones that are around 6 inches long...on top of the the batter in the pan. Make sure to leave the chocolate bar intact...don’t chop or break it up. Then add the rest of the batter and bake as directed. You won’t believe how good these brownies are!

Esteemed Contributor

You can melt chocolate in crockpot and have strawberries and pineapple pieces shortbread cookies etc to dip? 

Honored Contributor

@lucky-girl  How about a punchbowl  cake.  Just bake a chocol.ate cake mix and crumble it in pieces.  Put them in the bottom of a punch bowl (or any bowl).  Then make instant chocolate pudding and pour and spread that over.  Layer a container of cool whip on top of that.  You can crush candy bars, crushed oreos or other cookies  over the cool whip.  

You can also pour khalua or mudslide over the cake crumbles for an alcohol desert.

Valued Contributor

You all are great.. I will let you all know what I do..   Tizzies are not fun

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesrecess wrote:

Buy a brownie mix...I still like Betty Crocker....add ingredients in directions but also add a 1 and 1/2 t of espresso powder.
Pour half the batter into pan. Then lay a whole symphony chocolate toffee bar...the ones that are around 6 inches long...on top of the the batter in the pan. Make sure to leave the chocolate bar intact...don’t chop or break it up. Then add the rest of the batter and bake as directed. You won’t believe how good these brownies are!

what size pan do you use....

Respected Contributor

This doesn’t require any cooking - just some assembly.

Ingredients: fresh strawberries, sugar, store-bought pound cake, Hagen Daz chocolate ice cream, Reddi Whip whipped cream. 

Wash, core and slice the strawberries into a bowl. Sprinkle a couple of tablespoons of sugar on them, stir gently and set aside. If you do this more than an hour before serving, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.

Slice the poundcake and place a slice for each person on a dessert dish.

Put a scoop of ice cream on each slice.

Spoon the strawberries over the ice cream, then top with the whipped cream. You could also pour a little hot fudge sauce over the ice cream before adding the strawberries if you didn’t think it would be too rich. 

Super Contributor

Buy a high quality choc ice cream. Serve with cookies. Easy, people will love!

Honored Contributor

Very easy.....I have posted this before.....writing recipe as written several years ago.....mix in pan...I find it easier to mix in bowl and put in pan.

Fast Fixin' Chocolate Chip Cake

1 pkg. Devil's Food Cake Mix

1/4 cup oil

2 eggs

1 1/4 cups water

1 pkg, chocolate instant pudding (4 serving size)

1 cup chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Pour oil into 9x13" pan.  Tilt pan until bottom is covered in oil. Put remaining ingredients in pan; stir with fork or spoon until blended.  Spread batter evenly in pan.  Bake at 350 for 35-45 minutes; until toothpick comes clean testing it.  Cool cake.  Very moist....no icing needed.   Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar.

Honored Contributor

Do you have a Fresh Market?  I'd do a fruit tarte.

Image result for fresh market fruit torte