Honored Contributor

Does anyone have something easy and good to eat after a workout?We are having a goodbye party and everyone needs to bring something.I know people are bringing fruit and cheese platters.I think someone is bringing veggie platter and one woman is bringing protein pancakes.Thaanks for your ideas.

Honored Contributor

I just made this today for lunch.  You can easily double or triple the recipe.

I use mini cucumbers.  I just slice them.

Cucumbers with Creamy Salmon Whip - Ellie Krieger

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ellie-krieger/cucumber-cups-with-creamy-salmon-whip-recipe

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Do you think they would be good prepared ahead.I have busy mornings and am at the gym by eight.

Honored Contributor

Lo-carb  crackers, pita chips, etc with hummus.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Valued Contributor
7 Layer Dip 1 can (16 oz) BUSH'S® Refried Beans 1 container (16 oz) sour cream 1 (1.25 oz) pkg taco seasoning 1 jar (16 oz) chunky salsa 2 cups lettuce, shredded 1 large tomato, chopped 2 avocados, diced 1/2 cup green onions, chopped 2 cups shredded cheese 1 can (4 oz) sliced black olives DIRECTIONS Mix sour cream and taco seasoning. Chill in fridge for 30 minutes. In sauce pan, combine refried beans and salsa. Heat on medium until evenly blended. Let cool. Shred lettuce. Dice tomatoes, avocadoes and green onions. Layer the cheese, olives, lettuce, tomatoes, avocadoes and green onions in that order evenly over each ingredient. Serve with tortilla chips. Serves 8.
Valued Contributor
Bean and Corn Salsa 3 cups cooked, fresh sweet corn kernels (or 1 16-ounce bag frozen sweet corn kernels, thawed) 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, drained and rinsed 1 ¾ cup red onion, diced 1 ½ cup green onion, chopped 1 very large red bell pepper, diced 2 jalapeno peppers, finely minced 2 cups tomato, diced Lime Cilantro Dressing: 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil ¾ cup fresh lime juice zest of 1 very large lime 1 ½ tablespoons garlic, finely minced 1 tablespoon ground cumin 1 teaspoon kosher salt ⅔ cup cilantro, chopped Combine all salsa ingredients in a large bowl and set aside. Whisk together olive oil, lime juice, lime zest, garlic, cumin and salt in medium bowl. Stir in cilantro. Pour over vegetables and toss lightly to thoroughly coat all ingredients. Chill several hours before serving. Refrigerate leftovers in covered container.
Super Contributor

@dex I love Shrimp cocktail!

Honored Contributor

I've been buying little individual cups of guacamole and using them as a dip for raw veggies. Yummy and you can't get much healthier !

Trusted Contributor

I have seen (and enjoyed) fruit kabobs.  They had grapes, strawberries, banana slices and kiwi on them.  They were pretty and tasted so good!

Valued Contributor

I took these pretty, tasty little tidbits to a party, last summer.  The amounts of the ingredients depend on how many need to be made.  I always "eyeball" it.  I think they are very easy to make.

Goat Cheese Stuffed Apricot Halves Topped with Chopped Nuts

Good quality dried apricot halves

Goat cheese

dash of cream

Tiny dash of triple sec

Chopped pistachios and pecans, slivered almonds

Place goat cheese in bowl and add a little bit of cream to make a spreadable consistency; add a tiny splash of triple sec and stir.  Put mixture in a baggie. 

Cut corner of baggie and pipe a bit of the mixture onto the shiny side of each apricot half.  Top some with chopped pistachios, some with almonds and some with pecans.

Arrange on plate or platter.

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world." Nelson Mandela