Respected Contributor

Hallmark Recipe Healthy Fried Chicken Recipe which is also diabetic friendly

[ Edited ]

We had this for lunch today with a diabetic friend and he loved the food and asked for the recipe.

This really tastes like honest to goodness delicious fried chicken, but it is so  diabetic friendly, healthy, and quite filling. We all enjoyed it.

The end result will be golden brown fried chicken portions, gorgeous, moist,  and very delicious!

We had a healthy Greek three bean salad with it.

There is also a video to watch, and the link is right underneath, along with the recipe.

http://www.hallmarkchannel.com/home-and-family/recipes/chef-curtis-aikens-healthy-fried-chicken-reci...

Healthy Fried Chicken Recipe:

Ingredients:
    • 1 large whole chicken breast fillet
    • 1 cup flour
    • Some rosemary, tarragon, and oregano to taste, and I also added dried garlic powder and Hungarian sweet paprika.

• peanut oil
  • 1 egg (white)
  • non-stick pan
  • measuring spoons
  • whisk

(P.S. A diabetic portion is 1 of the 3 cut portions).

If chicken breast is too fat slice in 1/2 lengthwise, and then cut each chicken breast into 3 portions .

I pan fried 2 chicken breasts sliced in 1/2, as they were really king size breasts, and then cut them each into 3 portions per chicken breast. Fried them as per the recipe, and then gave some of the extra cfried portions to our friend to take home and eat sensibly again. I also froze the leftover portions of the fried chicken breasts for another meal for us.

Directions: 

1. Fillet chicken breast into 3 "portions."
  2. In plastic bag place flour & dried herbs.    
  3. Whisk egg whites until frothy and coat chicken pieces.
  4. Drop chicken pieces into bag to coat in flour mixture.
  5. Heat 3 TBL peanut oil into non-stick pan.
  6. Drop in dusted pieces of chicken and cook till done.
  7. I used the covered lid when frying the chicken in the non stick pan to speed up the frying time, and also allow the chicken to turn a gorgeous golden brown color on one side (just like regular fried chicken), then turned it over and allowed the other side to cook until it also became a rich golden brown color and was thoroughly cooked.       BTW it still retains its moisture.

Please do use an instant read thermometer, or cut the chicken portions and check all pieces to ensure it is thoroughly cooked.

Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Hallmark Recipe Healthy Fried Chicken Recipe which is also diabetic friendly

This sounds soooo delicious!  And the fact that it's healthy is a bonus!  Thanks for posting!

Respected Contributor

Re: Hallmark Recipe Healthy Fried Chicken Recipe which is also diabetic friendly

You are very welcome as usual........Enjoy itSmiley Happy.