Honored Contributor

I need to do another TJ's run, pronto!

Screenshot_2021-06-30-18-49-19.png

Screenshot_2021-06-30-18-48-16.png

Bread cheese is a firm cheese similar to halloumi or paneer. Like halloumi, it’s squeaky and firm, and can be pan-fried or grilled until it starts to get a little soft and gooey inside.

It’s a typical Finnish breakfast food (they call is juustolepä and like to dip it in hot coffee, which softens it up), but Trader Joe’s has put a decidedly savory spin on this cheese with the addition of lots of garlic.

The cheese, made by cheesemakers in Wisconsin, is coated in garlic powder once it’s set, then baked until it gets a toasty, bubbly brown exterior that’s packed with flavor.

Trader Joe’s recommends heating the cheese up, then dunking it in warm marinara sauce instead of coffee. It’s basically a gluten-free, low-carb mozzarella stick, and you’ll be hard pressed to not devour the entire block in one go.

We also love the idea of using the Garlic Bread Cheese as a protein-rich meatless meal addition. Toast it up in a skillet, put it on the grill, or air fry it, then use it to top salads, stuff it into pitas with plenty of fresh veggies, or coat it in Everything But the Bagel Seasoning before pan-frying and cut it into cubes for the tastiest soup crouton of all time. Any way you slice it (literally), this Garlic Bread Cheese will become one of your new favorite ingredients

You can get Trader Joe’s Garlic Bread Cheese in stores for a limited time for $3.99.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

Oh that looks very good!  I wish we had a Trader Joe's........theclosest one is about 3 hours away and I rarely get there.😩😩😩😩😩😩

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Never heard of this, thanks for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Sounds delicious.  I'd like to try it.  I've never heard of it either. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I live in Wisconsin and have never heard of it.....sounds yummy.  Will have to look for it.

Thanks!