Honored Contributor

On a whim - I bought a can of Spam.  Very light breakfast today - so a little while ago - when my stomach started pleading for lunch - saw the can of Span in the fridge and I sliced a few pieces, fried them, and made a provolone cheese omelet.

Span was delicious!  Definitely something I'm going to keep on hand!

My thought when I bought it was that it would be good to dice up in a pasta or potato salad.  Frying is good too!

Trusted Contributor

My husband loves spam but I find it one of the most disgusting foods ever.  

Honored Contributor

@LuvmyLab 

I've heard a lot of people have the same opinion as you!

A close friend is (retired doctor) from the Philippines - and she's the who turned me onto Spam.  

------------------------------------------

@LuvmyLab wrote:

My husband loves spam but I find it one of the most disgusting foods ever.  

Honored Contributor

My husband made these sandwiches on Sunday mornings.  Thin fried slices of Spam, an egg fried on both sides, slices of onion on bread spread with mayo.  Sounds awful.  One day I tasted one and it was delicious.  I don't like eggs or spam. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

My husband made these sandwiches on Sunday mornings.  Thin fried slices of Spam, an egg fried on both sides, slices of onion on bread spread with mayo.  Sounds awful.  One day I tasted one and it was delicious.  I don't like eggs or spam. 

That sounds delicious, @Kachina624 .  I'm gonna try it!

I like spam, have always liked spam and will always like spam!  I usually just slice if into thin bite-size pieces and saute t with pancake syrup (Mrs. Buttersworth) ----- YUM!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme 

Definitely going to try the syrup .... and maybe French toast and spam for lunch this weekend.

Esteemed Contributor

Spam, no way. For all those who like it enjoy!! As for me & DH never!!

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme    Let me know how you like it.  I looked upon it with great revulsion until I tried it.  Haven't had it for years so maybe I'll make myself one.   It would make a quick supper. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I'm another one who likes Spam, especially Spam musubi.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 

We had fried SPAM slices for dinner many times when I was growing up.   They were OK, sort of.    The sandwich you described with eggs and onions and mayo actually sounds good!

My mom latched onto all the "new modern convenience foods" that became available back then.  SPAM was one of them.