Honored Contributor

We are luck enough to have a farm stand very close their corn, tomatoes and peaches are amazing.

We had corn sugar sweet and perfect

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox  Good fresh sweet corn is the best there is! Crisp, sweet, milky and unctuous! I think it's also tied to childhood, bare feet, and the endless days of summer!

Honored Contributor

🌽🍅 summer veg is great 🍅🌽

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I usually buy corn from one of the many farms in the area, but this week corn is $.19/ ear at my supermarket and is locally grown, so I will be stocking the freezer.

Respected Contributor

Yes, love fresh local produce.  We have enjoyed some good corn this summer.  Also good has been cantaloupe, watermelon, green beans...earlier in the summer peaches, blueberries and strawberries.  It is so nutritious too when it is fresh.  It also helps local growers when we purchase from them.  Win-win!

Respected Contributor

@I am still oxox Oh yes ....I live in Connecticut here one is no farther than 10 minutes away from a farm or farm stand.  There are three in my little town

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

I usually buy corn from one of the many farms in the area, but this week corn is $.19/ ear at my supermarket and is locally grown, so I will be stocking the freezer.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I shop in Nassau County in New York and corn was very expensive the whole Summer ( except right before Memorial Day weekend it was $.19 an ear). Most of the corn I had wasn't very good.

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

It was the same price here from the supermarket, supposedly local and it was meh.  Not bad, not great - we wouldn't go back for more at the end of the week.

Honored Contributor

Oh we have the BEST corn where I live!! I always buy a few dozen. I just got through doing this. I shuck the corn, cut it off the cob and just par boil it a bit. Put it in the freezer and WALLA it's all ready for my Thanksgivng and Christmas dinners! I always serve fresh corn for the holidays. It's so easy and everyone looks forward to it! Woman Happy

"Pure Michigan"