Valued Contributor

Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

/></span><br/> <br/> <span style=Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
(recipe source: greenhealthycooking.com)

These cookies are freakishly addictive! They are really simple to make and delicious.
I made my husband take most of them to work so I wouldn't be tempted..lol

1/2 cup unsweetened and unsalted smooth peanut butter (only ingredient: peanuts)
1/3 cup coconut sugar
1 egg
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 350F

Add peanut butter, coconut sugar, egg and baking soda into food processor (or by hand if you have the strength) Turn on and let mix until a big ball forms.

Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Roll the dough into cherry-sized balls with your hands and place on lined baking tray leaving a lot of space between each ball because the cookies will spread out a lot.

Once your dough is out or your tray is full, take a fork and press the balls into thick small rounds. Like soda bottle caps maybe. If using chocolate chips, place 4 chocolate chips on top of each cookie and press them into the dough a little.

Bake for 10 minutes or until golden. Take out of the oven and let cool a little for about 10 minutes without touching them. Then carefully place them on a wire rack until they completely cool down

Respected Contributor

Re: Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies

I have made these before without chocolate chips, and I was surprised at how good they are and how well they turned out with no flour ! I will have to try the chocolate chips next time (: ...I forgot to mention that I used Splenda as the sweetener, and it worked great.
Valued Contributor

Hi Azcowgirl! I'm so happy that you've tried these cookies. I love that they are super easy to make. AND.. delicious to boot!! Happy New Year!

Esteemed Contributor

I will save this recipe! I can't have grains or gluten and this gives me hope..cookies again! Could I use almond butter instead?? Coconut flakes in place of chocolate chips?? OMgoodness, can't wait!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

Can regular sugar be used in place of coconut sugar? if so, same ratio?

Trusted Contributor

Anybody tried these with almond butter and if so, how does it work?

Super Contributor

If you used splenda in place of sugar and omitted the chocolate chips, would the cookies be low carb?
Valued Contributor

Hi emmysmom! You're so welcome. Good luck with this recipe. It's really great. I've found a lot of recipes that exclude gluten and grains and I couldn't be happier. I'll be posting more soon.

Hi goldenlocks! Yes, you definitely can. I've made them both ways. It's the same ratio. I hope you'll love these!

Hi soonersis! I think almond butter would be amazing in this recipe. Great idea!

Hi Lory! I don't use Splenda but I have used Stevia in this recipe and it worked great. Low carb, yes.

Have a great weekend everyone,

Super Contributor

LoLa...thanks. I can't wait to make these cookies!
Trusted Contributor

Thanks for posting this recipe, I'll be making them tomorrow. I love peanut butter and always use coconut sugar. I think I may add a little shredded coconut or coconut flakes and, of course, some dark chocolate.