Respected Contributor

I bought some Mahi Mahi from Trader Joe's and wanted something a little different so I googled the fish and found a really easy recipe that's pretty tasty.  The exact recipe can be found searching but here's the basics.

cut up one onion fine

cut up 2 shallots fine

mince up 3 cloves of garlic

1 lemon

saute the onion and shallots in olive oil, add butter, add garlic continue to saute, mix in 3 tablespoons of sour creme, place fish in saute mixture, sprinkle with salt and pepper and squeeze 1/2 lemon over fish, cook 5 minutes turn squeeze the other 1/2 lemon over fish and continue to cook for another 5 minutes.   Cover and keep warm until ready to eat.

The sauce is actually to die for, it is so delicious, the fish is not fishy, and I served it with rice.   So simple and so delicious.  The key is to not touch the fish while it's cooking but I did move a little of sauce around the pan since it seemed to brown, I had the heat on the stove at med/high.

Honored Contributor

@Just Bling - We like fish, and I have to try this recipe. Thanks for posting it! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fish Recipe

[ Edited ]

Thanks for this recipe.  I love Mahi Mahi.  I serve it with cheesy grits and this sauce sounds like it would go with them!