Honored Contributor

Fantastic Corn Souffle

[ Edited ]

Corn Soufflé

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

2 C frozen thawed Whole Kernel corn, drained

2 cans cream style corn

4 Tbsp. sugar (may be slightly decreased)

4 Tbsp plain flour

4 Tbsp Whipping cream or half and half

4 eggs, beaten

Combine all ingredients

Pour into buttered 3 qt baking dish

Bake 1-1 1/2 hours until golden

Fantastic with fresh green beans.

*Doubles well.  I use my 5 qt. Corningware casserole.

LOVE this one!  I could eat it for breakfast!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Corn dishes are so good.  My recipe is similar to yours except I use cornmeal instead of flour, and I have to add a little bacon.

Honored Contributor

Re: Fantastic Corn Souffle

[ Edited ]

@AuntG wrote:

Corn dishes are so good.  My recipe is similar to yours except I use cornmeal instead of flour, and I have to add a little bacon.

@AuntGThis is a yummy one, huh?Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Do leftovers freeze well?   Looks like it makes a lot - have always loved CC but only made it once years ago.  With winter coming I like to have quick reheat things in the freezer.

Respected Contributor

Whoa..4 tbs = 1/4 c  sugar...can't imagine me doing that ...maybe 1 Tb

Respected Contributor

I can't wait to try this one.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Do leftovers freeze well?   Looks like it makes a lot - have always loved CC but only made it once years ago.  With winter coming I like to have quick reheat things in the freezer.

@fthunt,You get about 6 nice servings out of a single recipe.  Since you have the eggs and cream, if frozen the consistency would definately change.

You could try halfing it and take a little off of the cooking time.  That should work nicely.

Contributor

Corn Souffle Question! Only 3rd time posting on forums so forgive me if I am not doing it correctly. This looks easy and good. I was looking for a recipe that did not use the cornbread mix and this fits the bill. What size can is the creamed corn? Also, when you doubled the recipe did you double the sugar amount, too? Thanks in advance for your help!

Honored Contributor

@bluecrab33 wrote:

Corn Souffle Question! Only 3rd time posting on forums so forgive me if I am not doing it correctly. This looks easy and good. I was looking for a recipe that did not use the cornbread mix and this fits the bill. What size can is the creamed corn? Also, when you doubled the recipe did you double the sugar amount, too? Thanks in advance for your help!

@bluecrab33 your post is perfect but I am bumping it and adding @ECBG to make sure she is aware of your post/question so she can respond.

Welcome to the boards and I hope you have a great Thanksgiving as I too will be giving this recipe a whirl myself!  Thanksgiving Dinner animated emoticon

Honored Contributor

@bluecrab33 wrote:

@bluecrab33,More than happy to answer your question.  The creamed corn is in the standard 14.5 ounces.  I do double the sugar.  Frozen corn isn't always as flavorful as fresh.

If you haven't been on the boards before, you may not know that during my 37 years as a teacher, I taught Foods and Adv. Foods, although, the Interior Design courses were my love.

It also reheats nicely!  Enjoy!