Valued Contributor

Re: FAVORITE RECIPE SWAP RECIPES

63Chev63, I think snap beans would be a great sub for peas..

Valued Contributor

Hi DiamondGirly... how are ya? I am doing well and I am glad that you love the potato salad recipe, it is my all time favorite. If you have a pressure cooker, it is so easy to peel and dice potatoes and place on a rack, add eggs on top with 2 cups of water and pressure cook for 6/7 minutes.
may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Valued Contributor

One of my all time favorites by SHAMALANGADINGDONG...

Chicken Enchiladas

1 tablespoon butter
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 (4 ounce) can diced green chiles
1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
1/2 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast meat
1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
6 (12 inch) flour tortillas
1/4 cup milk
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a large baking dish.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the green onion until tender (about 3 to 4 minutes). Add the garlic powder, then stir in the green chiles, cream of mushroom soup and sour cream. Mix well. Reserve 3/4 of this sauce and set aside. To the remaining 1/4 of the sauce in the saucepan, add the chicken and 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Stir together.
Fill each flour tortilla with the chicken mixture and roll up. Place seam side down in the prepared baking dish.
In a small bowl combine the reserved 3/4 of the sauce with the milk. Spoon this mixture over the rolled tortillas and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of shredded Cheddar cheese. Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly.

Valued Contributor

By... Soushi24

GRAPE SALAD

2 # red seedless grapes 2# green seedless grapes Wash grapes and allow them to dry completely. 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese 1 (8 oz.) sour cream 1/2 cup sugar 1 tsp. vanilla Mix above ingredients and put over the grapes. Toss gently. When ready to serve, mix together: 1/4 cup brown sugar 1/2 cup chopped pecans Sprinkle over the grapes and toss gently.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IamMrsG, I was checking on some posts and wonder if you can repost or let me know where to find that chicken recipe of yours? Thanks.

If it's on the 3rd page here I did copy it. If that's all of it. thanks.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@qualitygal  Glad to help!  That is the full recipe on page 3 of this thread. When I looked at it to be sure, I noticed "broiler-fryer chicken" is bolded, which gives me reason to think I submitted it in a Recipe Exchange Game some time or other.  

I suspect my reference to oven times and temperatures (in the footnotes) was in response to a question someone asked me about it, as we have never prepared it any other way but out on the grill.  

I hope you enjoy this dish.  It's always been a hit at our table.    --Mrs. G.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

Needed some ideas so I found this treasure 

Honored Contributor

GREAT thread Diamondgirly! Thanks!   I have been around long enough to remember many past posters and good recipes!  Maybe your thread will bring some posters back? Hope so!  Now I need to look back at my favorite recipes....so many good ones! 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

OK .... just noticed this thread started 4 years ago...why was it brought forward?  Got me....thought it was too good to be true about past posters, etc.  

Reminder to Self....CHECK date posted first!!!