Honored Contributor

@781Florist 

We have Target and Publix.

Honored Contributor

We like Rao's and always keep a jar or two, but our go-to is Yo Mama's.  Whole Foods 365 Four Cheese is great but so salty you don't want much.

We often do roasted eggplant and zucchini served over brown rice rather than pasta. We might add chicken or ground beef too, or for a quick meal we'd top with cottage cheese. 

Honored Contributor

I really do not care for Rao's sauces, i have 3 brand names i like, Lidia's,Cucina antica, michaels of new york.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor
I tried Rao’s but don’t like it very much. Victoria’s is very good. It’s a bit pricey but good to stock up on when on sale.
Honored Contributor

I keep seeing Rao's at Publix and wondered if it was any good.  I don't make meatballs; I do a meat sauce. I use Bertolli Olive Oil and Garlic and then add some red wine to it.  I use a combination of ground beef, sweet Italian sausage, mushrooms, black olives, and green olives.  

What I really would like to find is a GOOD Alfredo sauce.  I have tried a few jarred varieties and don't like them at all.  Recently, I picked up a RANA chicken Alfredo meal and my husband really liked their sauce.  It was better than any of the jarred sauces I've tried, and I see you can get just their sauce in the same refrgerated case where the meal is, so I could do that.  But, still, I'm hoping for something better.  I can't say what it was, but it just wasn't truly Alfredo to me.  Not that I'm an expert or anything, just picky.

Esteemed Contributor

I did a similar test some months ago, but I knew which one I was tasting. For the price, I don't think that Rao's is better. I much prefer some of the sauces from several of our local Italian restaurants. I also rely on good old Prego, especially as a dipping sauce for toasted ravioli.

I know Rao's is popular, but it's not for me, especially considering how expensive it is.

Honored Contributor

In my opinion---the best red sauce in a jar is Pregos, Farmers Market red sauce---at around $4 a jar. Have tried Raos and other higher price ones and the Pregos by far tastes better to me. I am another person who cannot make a decent red sauce to save my soul----I get it from AMZ fresh but have gotten it at the usual places----comes in a few different combos--and I add to it as well with more herbs and such.