Valued Contributor

I have a can of salad shrimp, creamed cheese, some spices, and that's about it. Looking for a a quick, easy recipe if you have one. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Ingredients

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • Dash white pepper
  • 1 can (6 ounces) small shrimp, rinsed and drained
  • 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
  • Assorted crackers
Add to Shopping List
Nutritional Facts

2 tablespoon: 59 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 277mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.

Directions

1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in shrimp and onion. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1-1/2 cups.
Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

My recipe is basic but always gets eaten.  Spread whipped cream cheese on a plate. Top with some bottled cocktail sauce.  Add some drained and rinsed canned shrimp.  Finally sprinkle with some freshly shredded parmesan. Serve with crackers.

Trusted Contributor

The recipe from @AuntG is quick, easy, and oh so yummy.  I forgot all about that one....I strongly recommend it.

Here is another one to file away and try sometime:

Creamy Shrimp Dip Recipe

Yield: 2 cups

• 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup mayonnaise
  • 4 green onions, chopped
  • 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 3 cans (4 ounces each) tiny shrimp, rinsed and drained
  • Potato chips or crackers (to put the dip on...not in it)

In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in shrimp. Refrigerate until serving. Serve with chips or crackers.

Originally published as Creamy Shrimp Dip in Country Woman Christmas Annual 1999, p22

Snarky responders need not reply. Move along and share your views elsewhere.
Respected Contributor
EASY SHRIMP DIP 
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/4 c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. chopped onions
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 can broken shrimp

Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion and ketchup in small bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in shrimp at low speed. Refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving. 2 cups dip. Great with bugles.

This is the one I like. Be sure to drain the shrimp. I always add a little Tabasco sauce, too. I've also been known to throw in a little garlic salt for more zip. This really is best served with Bugles. These:

Image result for bugles chips 

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:
EASY SHRIMP DIP 
1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese
1/4 c. mayonnaise
2 tbsp. chopped onions
2 tbsp. ketchup
1 can broken shrimp

Beat cream cheese, mayonnaise, onion and ketchup in small bowl on medium speed until fluffy. Beat in shrimp at low speed. Refrigerate. Remove from refrigerator for 15 minutes before serving. 2 cups dip. Great with bugles.

This is the one I like. Be sure to drain the shrimp. I always add a little Tabasco sauce, too. I've also been known to throw in a little garlic salt for more zip. This really is best served with Bugles. These:

Image result for bugles chips 

This has so few ingredients that I think I will try it! I am bringing several apps to my son's house tonight. I really didn't want to go to the store again. So, thanks very muchQ Thanks to all who responded. They all sound really good!

Respected Contributor

@Marybella, just a couple more tips. Be sure to chop the onion very fine, and do take the dip out of the fridge for awhile before you serve it so it will be soft. Years ago I always just made this per the directions. But as my taste buds have died over the years (Ha!) I do taste it then tend to jazz it up a little with more spice, hot sauce or even a little more ketchup.

Hope it works for you! it is super easy.

Respected Contributor

@Marybella, and again, don't forget to DRAIN the can of shrimp!

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Marybella, and again, don't forget to DRAIN the can of shrimp!

I just whipped it up and it's good. I will add some more Tabasco and add a little garlic salt, too. Thank you, again!

Honored Contributor

Add some horseradish and/or Durkee's Famous sauce along with that hot sauce!  Chop some parsley or even celery leaves too--and I'm not against a sprinkle of celery salt too!