Honored Contributor

This recipe is good for adults or children.  In fact, children could help make it.  Very easy!  Make your own meatballs and sauce or use the ready-made.  I found a box of jumbo shells has about 43 in it.  I had 40 meatballs so worked out well.  I also used more sauce than suggested and less cheese.  Recipe found several years ago in Taste of Home magazine.

EASY STUFFED SHELLS

36 uncooked jumbo pasta shells

1 jar (24 oz) spaghetti sauce (or more)

36 frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed

2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350.  Cook shells according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.  Spread 1/2 cup (or more) sauce into a greased 9x13" dish. Fill each shell with a meatball; place in dish on sauce. Repeat. Top with remaining sauce and cheese.

Bake, covered, 35 minutes.  Uncover; bake 3-5 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese has melted.

Respected Contributor

Yum!! walker, this sounds really good and easy!! Thank you for posting it.  Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@walker 

Hi, Thx for posting. I've never found a frozen meatball tho that we like. I mean not just 'tolerate'. I've tried many many brands, Name-brand and store brand frozen meatballs and they never taste that great and consistency is off. Lots of times we get tiny hard bits of something too. 

Thus, I am forced to make homemade for my family. I have made this recipe you posted with the frozen stuffed(with ricotta) shells and a jar sauce. They liked that. I top with fresh buffalo mozzarella too. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

What a cute idea! I'm sure kids would love it!

I actually think that traditional stuffed shells are among the easiest things to make, and they're always a crowd pleaser because they taste good and look impressive. I make them very often - but the meatballs are a nice twist.

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

I have never used frozen meatballs. Can anyone recommend a good tasting brand?

Honored Contributor

cherry.......I usually make my own meatballs but did not have time recently.  I bought a brand of frozen meatballs marked Angus Beef by .....sorry.....forgot....started with R. They were good.....20 to a package.

Honored Contributor

Wish I had some little ones to cook for because I can imagine it being popular with the younger set. Rossini is the meatball brand I buy.