Honored Contributor

I know this recipe has been around a long time, but I just tried it with a few modifications. 

Basic Recipe

1 box spice cake mix

1 can pumpkin ( 14 oz. )

At a reviewer's suggestion  I added 2 eggs and some vanilla. Then I threw in some dark chocolate chips I had in the cupboard.  I just can't leave well enough alone. It turned out great and came together in no time. Oh and it makes 1 loaf and bakes at 350 for 55 min. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@QVCkitty1   Is that pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling?

Honored Contributor

@katte wrote:

@QVCkitty1   Is that pumpkin puree or pumpkin pie filling?

@katte , Sorry, Pumpkin Purée. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Sounds easy and yummy to the tummy!  I have all the ingredients, even your can't leave well enough alone so I will try this.  Thanks for sharing!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Easy Pumpkin Bread

[ Edited ]

@QVCkitty1   I got the ingredients today and will try it later in the week. It sounds delicious.  

Edited:  Made it this evening and it turned out great.  I added 2 tablespoonfuls of water, along with the 2 eggs and 1 teaspoonful of vanilla.  Easy, moist and delicious. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 I made your pumpkin bread for my famiy and it was well received!  It turned out great and it was delicious, thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

Re: Easy Pumpkin Bread

[ Edited ]

Sounds delicious..  I have a recipe for pumpkin cranberry bread that is yummy too but no cake mix is included.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Boomernichols wrote:

@QVCkitty1 I made your pumpkin bread for my famiy and it was well received!  It turned out great and it was delicious, thank you for sharing.

@Boomernichols , I'm so glad you liked it. Isn't it nice when a recipe is easy and good ?

Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Easy and yummy is a great como and this time of year, calories don't count. 

Trusted Contributor

I made this yesterday. I used a butter recipe yellow cake and about 2 cups of pumpkin that I cooked from my fall decorations. I added 2 eggs, vanilla,  and 1/2 cup brown sugar (an idea from my dil).  It came out so good. I didn't add any spices, I just wanted a more plain cake to have with coffee. I had some last night with some whipped cream and cherries, so good. Thanks for the recipe!