Respected Contributor

Easy Layered Potatoes and Onions

Someone on another thread requested that I repost this recipe, which got wiped off this forum during the QVC website changover, so I'm posting it here again and sending her over here to see it. 

Easy Layered Potatoes & Onions 

Peel and thinly slice Yukon Gold potatoes.

(It helps prevent the potatoes from turning gray if you lightly brush each slice with a little olive oil before working on the other steps. You can also soak the peeled potatoes in ice water before slicing to prevent graying, if you can't finish the recipe right away).

Thinly slice a Vidalia sweet onion.

Arrange potato slices and onion slices  in layers on parchment-lined, rimmed baking sheet or in a baking dish.

Lightly brush all with mixture of olive oil and a little melted butter.

Season with salt, pepper and whatever herb(s) you prefer.  Dill, parsley, basil or thyme are possibilities.

Bake at 425 degrees about 30-40 minutes or until edges of potatoes are browned and begin to get crisp.

Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Layered Potatoes and Onions

This sounds perfect to accompany grilled steaks or burgers!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is a very tasty dish and is also a good side for pinto Beans and slaw instead of skillet fried potAtoes and onions (of course I grew up southern/country and that's often a side for pinto beans).

We also sometimes lay  some pork chops on top and cover with tin foil and bake. That's good too.

Respected Contributor

Hi novamc.....I think it was me that requested your recipe.  Thank you so much for such a quick reply.  I have copied it and will be making it soon.  Thank you novamc!

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

This is a very tasty dish and is also a good side for pinto Beans and slaw instead of skillet fried potAtoes and onions (of course I grew up southern/country and that's often a side for pinto beans).

We also sometimes lay  some pork chops on top and cover with tin foil and bake. That's good too.

Lord have mercy, Girl, you just made me so hungry!

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Respected Contributor

That is a good meal for sure!!! Lol. 

Honored Contributor

And it makes great leftovers.  I just had some for breakfast, delicious!

For thost that have the WP small rice cooker, I put a layer of the potatoes and onions on the bottom, added a bit of ham and cheese and then broke an egg on top.  Came out great, the flavor from the onions and potatoes really made the whole meal!

Contributor

Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.  I have made it several times in the last few days.  It is quick to make and delicious.  We have really enjoyed it.  When it comes out of the oven, I sprinkle a thin layer of grated cheddar cheese on the top-- it melts quickly and adds to the potatoes and onions.