Respected Contributor

@RespectLife 

That's a great crust....really tasty.

I was thinking with using it for a cheesecake, make some extra and reserve some for the topping????   That would be very good

Love toasted pecans

When I took a piece of pie out of the pie plate, I noticed some of the baked crust crumbled a little, the bottom was intact but the sides sorta of gave way, maybe add a tablespoon of butter??

My mom made a refrigerator cheesecake and I've made it a couple times too.  It's no bake, made with baker's cheese (need to find it, its hard to find) whipping cream and a lot of bowls and time but it's so delicious.  Hope you put this one on your list, you won't be disappointed.

Here's the recipe:

Makes: 8 to 10 servings
Ingredients:
1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs

¾ cup sugar (divided)

½ teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)

6 tablespoons melted butter

1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple in sweetened juice, drained, juice reserved

3 pasteurized eggs, separated

2 tablespoons powdered gelatin mixed in ½ cup water

1 container (1 pound) dry cottage cheese or bakers cheese

3 tablespoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon lemon zest

¼ teaspoon salt

1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped until stiff

Preparation:
Prepare crust first: Combine cracker crumbs, ¼ cup of the sugar and, if using, the cinnamon.

Remove 2 tablespoons of the mixture to garnish cheesecake later. Add butter, mix well and gently press onto bottom and up sides of a well buttered 9-inch springform pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.

For filling: Measure juice drained from canned pineapple. You will need ½ cup.

If you do not have enough, add water. In bowl, beat egg yolks until light and fluffy.

Combine juice and yolks in top of double boiler, then gradually beat in remaining ½ cup sugar.

Cook mixture over medium heat until thickened, stirring regularly, 25 to 30 minutes. Mixture should be like pudding.

Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.

Add soaked gelatin and stir until dissolved.

Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add cottage cheese, lemon juice, zest and salt.

In separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, then add whipped cream and the drained pineapple and add to larger mixture.

Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle top with reserved cracker crumbs. Chill at least 3 hours or until ready to serve.

Variation: If desired, yolks from regular eggs can be used in the cooked filling. Egg white powder or egg white product labeled “for whipping” can be used in place of the whites from pasteurized eggs.

Note: Baker’s cheese can be found throughout the year at some higher end or specialty food stories.

During the Christmas holidays it can be found at most major grocery stores.

Honored Contributor

Thanks @Just Bling !

My cheescakes are either ricotta or cream cheese.... but that is an interesting recipe!

Thanks for sharing.