Trusted Contributor

@hondagirl  I make the recipe for Texas white sheet cake and make cupcakes with the batter.  It's a moist dense delicious cake.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you so much for replying @sfnative ! I completely understand the issue of taking some time to do things these days. By all means take the time you need. The reason I haven’t been back to reply to you until now is because my neck is such a wreck that I can barely move my head right now. I would love a more “sturdy” cake recipe. Everything I have is either to fluffy to hold up when it comes to decorating, or (in my book) too far toward the realm of pound cake which isn’t what I want either. I hope your sciatica settles down soon!

Super Contributor

sfnative, I, too, would love to have your white cake recipe.  It sounds like something I used to get from a local home baker for my daughter's birthday years ago.  (She is turning 35 in a couple of weeks and I am totally in denial.)  I haven't had a cake as moist and delicious since.

I know this is off topic, but I have had several bouts with sciatica myself and honestly I thought I was not going to recover from the last one.  I have had several bouts with plantar fasciitis, too.  I suffer from neither now.

I can recommend exercises for both on YouTube.  (I found that traditional doctors were almost useless in both instances.)  Try the "neural flossing" for sciatica; stretching is good.  Hurts like hell, but it eventually helps.  What really helped me with both was a magical topical product I discovered in 2011.  My daughter has had 3 hip surgeries for a torn labrum and is now pain-free.  It's called Penetrex and it's $20 a jar on the company website or on amazon.com.  Even her orthopedic surgeon admits that it works!  I recommend it to people all the time, but of course have no connection with the company that makes it.  Every night before I go to bed, I rub it on my arthritic fingers and it really helps. 

I admit that it did take longer to help with my sciatica during that last attack about 5 years ago.  But the point is, it worked and I have not had it again.  I know how pervasive the pain is, and I hope you will try something new and get a good result.  I hope the Q doesn't poof this, because you might really benefit and you have nothing to lose.  In the meantime, we all would selfishly appreciate your giving us that cake recipe!

Also in NoCal.

Super Contributor

CaliDogMom, read my comments to sfnative before they disappear.  I swear, I have had neck pain disappear almost immediately after using my Secret Weapon product!  Not selling anything here, just trying to help.  Life is barely worth living when one is in terrible pain, how well I know.