Honored Contributor

Years ago, at a darling little lunch spot, I ordered a BLT.

When it came the bacon was beautifully crisp, not greasy,

and flat.

As I left from the back porch covered with ivy, I passed the chef standing in the kitchen door way and asked him how he got flat bacon.  He told me to bake it!

Parchment would certainly stop any splatters.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I cook it in the microwave on paper towels covered by paper towels.  When its ready in 8 or 9 minutes, I throw all the towels away and I'm done.  No splatter or grease to get rid of.  I use a special tray made just for cooking bacon.

This. I've had my special tray so long; I think my mom got it for me. I've never done whole slices any other way.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Years ago I read about doing it in the oven - here on this board.  I'd never heard of that.

I tried it the first time and, hoo boy what a mess!   So, I revised it and now what I do is take a large baking sheet (rimmed) and put down some nonstick aluminum foil.  Then I put the bacon atop that.  Then I take a sheet of parchment paper and press it down on top of the bacon, totally covering it.

It cooks great and no splatter.   When I take it out I do as I always did and have a plate, or some sort of flat dish, with a paper towel on it and put the bacon on the paper towel.  Maybe it's two layers of paper towel.  Now I can't recall, as it's been a while.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I cook my bacon and sausage in my George Froman grill,

less mess, and cooks both sides at the same time.

Honored Contributor

I cook bacon in a cold 375 degree oven on parchment papers.  Comes out cripsy and there's no mess to clean up.  

Honored Contributor

I have always used my oven, and the broiler pan. I put a little water in the pan to help with clean up.  The bacon is crispy the way we like it and has not been laying in grease to cook.

Respected Contributor

@chickenbutt I do the same as you........foil lined sheet pan in the oven.  But I never thought of putting the parchment on the top.  What temperature do you cook it at? I know the length of time depends on the thickness, how warm or cold the bacon is, and personal preference for doneness. 

Respected Contributor

I vote for microwave with cover. Trying to keep oven clean and that spatters everywhere! 

Trusted Contributor

Re: Cooking Bacon Question

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop   I always bake my bacon at 375 degrees.  I like the thicker bacon so it takes about 20 to 25 min.  I bake it on tin foil for easy cleanup and then cool it on paper towels.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I cook it in the microwave on paper towels covered by paper towels.  When its ready in 8 or 9 minutes, I throw all the towels away and I'm done.  No splatter or grease to get rid of.  I use a special tray made just for cooking bacon.

Just bought a plastic bacon c00ker, here on QVC, 3 minutes, has a cover that fits on it. can't wait to get it, but I have always cooked mine in the oven.