Trusted Contributor

I always fry the bacon in a fry pan on the stove (the way my mom did when I was growing up).    The package gives instructions to make it in the oven.

Have you ever made bacon in the oven?  Do you recommend that method over frying?  Does it get the oven all greasy?

Honored Contributor
I've been doing it in the oven for years. Lay it flat and it stays that way, no curling up. No need to turn. Doesn't take long at all. I guess it may splatter, but never noticed in oven top.
Respected Contributor

I enjoy bacon cooked in the oven more than the skillet. I always do my thick sliced in the oven. I think it tastes better, and it is much less labor intensive. I use parchment paper in my pan to make clean up easier.

Valued Contributor

Re: Cooking Bacon Question

[ Edited ]

i bake it on sheet pan with baking rack at 400 degrees about 18 minutes.  eaiest way ever.  it does splatter some but not near the mess of cooking on stovetop imo.  hubs has offered to cook it on griddle outside next time so we will see how that goes.  we heap praise on his culinary efforts.  i'm all for keeping the heat out of the kitchen until fall.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I do the same but line the pan and cover it with a piece of parchment.  Never a messy oven!  I use a toaster oven.

If using a big oven, using a pan larger than the bacon you are cooking will catch most splatters.  Or cover!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BunSnoop , If you have an air fryer, I think it's the best way to cook bacon.  No mess other than the air fryer.  Different air fryer instructions are different but I cook mine at 350 degrees or higher depending on the thickness of the bacon.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

I cook mine in the microwave. Maybe when it cools off, I'll try the oven method. 

Honored Contributor

I cook it in the microwave on paper towels covered by paper towels.  When its ready in 8 or 9 minutes, I throw all the towels away and I'm done.  No splatter or grease to get rid of.  I use a special tray made just for cooking bacon.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:
I've been doing it in the oven for years. Lay it flat and it stays that way, no curling up. No need to turn. Doesn't take long at all. I guess it may splatter, but never noticed in oven top.

I agree!  It is fast & efficient -  and hands-free. 

Respected Contributor

I have always fried mine on the stove too!

But after reading the comments, I think I'll give the oven a try next time. That is, if I can find bacon on sale Smiley Frustrated