Valued Contributor

Convert recipe to Instant Pot

[ Edited ]

I hope someone here can help.  I want to make this recipe Pork Loin Pot Roast with a Red Wine Reduction - Low FODMAP and Gluten Free — The Friendly Gourmand   However it requires a Dutch oven which I do not own.  I have an Instant Pot and wonder how I would go about adapting the cookiing methods.  I expect I would cook the pork on saute first and can see what's happening at that stage.  It's putting the meat and vegetables in the pot and closing it up where I don't know what to do.  How long would you cook it and on what setting?  

Any advice would be very much appreciated.  Oh and the roast I buy will be about 2 pounds as there are only 2 of us to cook for.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Convert recipe to Instant Pot

@Wobin wrote:

I hope someone here can help.  I want to make this recipe Pork Loin Pot Roast with a Red Wine Reduction - Low FODMAP and Gluten Free — The Friendly Gourmand   However it requires a Dutch oven which I do not own.  I have an Instant Pot and wonder how I would go about adapting the cookiing methods.  I expect I would cook the pork on saute first and can see what's happening at that stage.  It's putting the meat and vegetables in the pot and closing it up where I don't know what to do.  How long would you cook it and on what setting?  

Any advice would be very much appreciated.  Oh and the roast I buy will be about 2 pounds as there are only 2 of us to cook for.

I don't cook pork so I can't help on that, but use a meat setting and less liquid than you think

do a search for "converting to pressure cooking " there's many sites and blogs 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Convert recipe to Instant Pot

Could you just place the roast in an oven safe pan and proceed?  Dutch oven is sort of malleable.