Honored Contributor

Re: Colossal Cookies Cookbook

@SharkE wrote:

Does it contain old fashion basic cookies and not weird stuff like they have today ?

I'm old school.

Butter cookies

choc chip

oatmeal

oatmeal/raisin

sugar

snickerdoodles

Lemon crisp

@SharkE

It says it has all your must have cookies plus filled cookies.

I don't really need large cookies. When I want I cookie I just want a regular cookie not one with icing or filled with something.

Respected Contributor

Just as a follow-up -- I must have looked through this book 3 times if not more and to be honest with all, I was disappointed.  After hemming and hawing, I decided to send the book back.  Hated having to spend additional $3+, but there was nothing that I wanted to bake.  Wait till postage rates increase the end of the month.  Then I'll be very selective in what I purchase on-line. Sorry if I mislead anyone about it.  Wondering now what purchasers thought about it.  I looked here for reviews here, but couldn't find the book listed, and of course, no reviews.  Wonder why!!!  Amazon had a few reviews that were favorable.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@coffee drinker  At first, I thought you were talking about The Colossal Cookie cookbook that I have with recipes of eight food writers, which I purchased years ago, 425 recipes.  It is an enormous, heavy book, but go it at Costco for $12.69.  the cookies are not colossal, just the book is, lol.  I made some wonderful cookies recently from this book.

I see it is offered at amazon:  

The Colossal Cookie CookbookSep 1, 1999
by Elizabeth Cohen

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@mousiegirl, Sorry for the confustion about the book.  Thanks for the info.  I'll have to take a look at it.  Don't you just love Costco and Amazon for their bargains and sometimes free shipping.  I certainly do.  

ETA Just checked Amazon and there are two book that look exactly the same, except for author and one says editor.  One have 4 stars rating, the other 1 star.  Strange.  But both are avaliable as used