Valued Contributor

I've done this the past few Easter holidays.  I have it saved on my Pinterest account.  I have used the Paas Neon Egg Dye with warm water for  nice bright coloring.  Let me know if you aren't able to locate this on Pinterest.

Honored Contributor

That presentation wouldn't be my first choice.Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

I have made colored deviled eggs for a few years.  No, they do not stain your teeth which was something I was worried about the first time I made them.  I don't like mine dyed too dark as they do look less appealing the darker they are-at least to me.  If you are interested in dyeing the egg but are "put off" by it being colored around the yolk filling, you can peel the egg and dye it whole and let it dry.  Then slice the egg open to remove the yolk to make the filling.  The inside of the egg will still be white against your yellow yolk filling but the outside is colored by the food grade edible dye.  They are fun and if you are not put off by the color, they taste the same as your regular recipe for deviled eggs.  I guess I didn't look at them any different than other colored foods like mints or the colored chocolate eggs, etc.  The colors can be changed to reflect the holidays but I usually only do them for Easter.