Trusted Contributor

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies

Loving the recipe from the King Arthur Flour website. This cookie was their 2014 recipe of the year. It uses extra butter, vanilla, an additional egg yolk, and 3 cups of chocolate chips. I used a combination of semi-sweet & dark chocolate. Have made this recipe 4 times now & it's been a hit every time (usually make it for coffee hour at church). I make up the batch the night before I'm going to bake the cookies & refrigerate the batch, or I divide it up & freeze half. If you're a baker, check out the recipe section of their web site for some delicious ideas.

Super Contributor

Re: Chocolate Chip Oatmeal cookies

[ Edited ]

Thanks for sharing. Here's the recipe. It says it was the 2015 recipe of the year.

Can you tell me if the dough spreads out like it should every time? I have trouble with most cookie doughs not spreading out like they should.

cookie.jpg

Trusted Contributor

Tterri, thanks for posting the link.  KAF had so many good-sounding recipes I wasn't certain I was looking at the right one that joannecha was recommending. 

Trusted Contributor

When I'm baking and I don't have a specific recipe in mind, I normally go to their web site to scan the recipe section. Also asked for and recieved their Baker's Companion cookbook last Christmas. It contains an amazing amount of tips for bakers (kind of reminds me of Laura Geller's make-up tips that you get when she's presenting--even if you don't buy anything, you still learn a lot).