Respected Contributor

One huge problem is that Crisco is not what it used to be.

It breaks apart and causes great frustration (at least to me).

Valued Contributor

@Nightowlz will you please send me a batch of the dough to eat with a spoon?  That sounds SOOOO good!  And, I don’t care about it being bad because of the raw eggs!!  Bring it on.....please?? 😜

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

In all my years of baking (and eating) home-made chocolate chip cookies, I've never tasted a bad one. And that's the truth.

My favorites are thin and crispy, but I'll eat any kind.

Another vote for thin and crispy!!!!!

Super Contributor

And that is what happened to me last week !!  I accidently melted the butter-- it was part melty and part super soft. The cookies ran together and I had to used my pizza wheel to cut them. They were still good and my dear Dad had a great laugh at my mishap !

Honored Contributor

I read one time that handling the dough will toughen the cookie. I use a cookie scoop and don't know why I didn't get one sooner! So much faster to get the dough onto the pan and the cookies all cook evenly and look very   professional when they are put on a plate after they are done.

i have some semisweet chunks I need to use up so will chop them up and try this recipe, Why didn't OP post the recipe? Is that not allowed?

Honored Contributor

@withaK wrote:

And that is what happened to me last week !!  I accidently melted the butter-- it was part melty and part super soft. The cookies ran together and I had to used my pizza wheel to cut them. They were still good and my dear Dad had a great laugh at my mishap !

@withaKThat's what has happened in my Foods or Adv Foods class.  That group didn't listen, LOL!!!Smiley Happy