2 stalks celery, chopped 

1 medium onion, chopped

1/4 cup all-purpose flour

3 cups low-sodium chicken broth

1 cup half-and-half

3 medium Yukon gold potatoes, chopped

1 10-ounce package frozen mixed peas and carrots

Directions
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F. Unroll the pie dough onto a baking sheet and sprinkle with pepper and a pinch of poultry seasoning; cut into quarters. Bake until puffed and golden, about 10 minutes.

Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and 1/2 teaspoon salt and cook, undisturbed, 2 minutes, then cook, stirring, 1 more minute. Transfer to a bowl. Add the celery, onion, flour, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the remaining 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning to the pot and cook, stirring, 1 minute. Stir in 2 cups water, the broth, half-and-half and potatoes; cover and bring to a simmer.

Reduce the heat to medium and simmer, partially covered, 10 minutes. Add the peas and carrots and simmer until the vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Return the chicken to the pot and simmer until cooked through, about 1 minute. Divide among bowls and top with the crust.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Yummy yumm for the tummy. Thanks @Chi-town girl 

Honored Contributor

Boy, would this be good on a cold winter night!  Thanks for posting.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I'll have to give this one a try.

Thanks for posting.

Honored Contributor

@godi @Kachina624 @Wahoogaz - this looks like a good alternative to homemade chicken pot pie and easier to make, clever idea 🤔

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl   I was reading your recipe because I make a lot chicken pot pie and often make just the filling and spoon the filling over rice or noodles. Yours' look very good and will have to try it.

I was also looking at David Venables Facebook page and on Jan. 14, he posted a recipe for Chicken Pot Pie Soup from his last cookbook Half Homemake and a lot of the ingredients were the same but yours' looks a lot better. His was too thin, I like a thicker soup.