Honored Contributor

Time to go hunt up some carmel recipes.  Maybe I'll check David's posts out.  

Do you have a have a favorite carmel recipe you'd like to share?

Honored Contributor

Re: Carmel...............

[ Edited ]

2 cups heavy cream

2 1/2 cups sugar

1/2 cup light corn syrup

1/2 cup water

6 tbsp butter, cut into separate tablespoons

1/4 tsp kosher salt

1 tbsp vanilla extract

Heat cream in saucepan over medium heat until steaming.  Cover and let sit for 1/2 hour off heat. 

Combine sugar, corn syrup, and water in 5-qt Dutch oven, making sure not to splash on sides of pot.  Clip a candy thermometer to side of pot.  Bring to boil over medium-high heat without stirring.  When it starts to boil, wash down sides of pot with water and a pastry brush to keep sugar from sticking to pot.  Cook until thermometer reads 325 degrees, 25-30 minutes.

Slowly pour cream into caramel.  Add butter and salt.  Stir with clean spoon without touching sides of pot. Continue cooking on medium-high, constantly stirring slowly until thermometer reads 245 degrees, 10-15 minutes.  Stir in vanilla and pour into lightly-buttered (sides and bottom) 9"x9" baking pan.

After cooling completely, peel slab onto cutting board using large, metal spatula.  Cut into pieces, wrap in wax paper or cellophane, and store in airtight container.   

Honored Contributor

After you make some cut some in to squares to dip in chocolate & sprinkle with sea salt. Yum!!! Sea Salt Caramels. Let me know when they are ready & I will be right over LOL!!!

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

in this heat my recipe is......drive to CVS....purchase a bag of caramels from the candy aisle!!!

Respected Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

in this heat my recipe is......drive to CVS....purchase a bag of caramels from the candy aisle!!!

@nana59

Hahaha

I am with you!  I do like caramel cake and caramel apple pie.

doxie

Valued Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Time to go hunt up some carmel recipes.  Maybe I'll check David's posts out.  

Do you have a have a favorite carmel recipe you'd like to share?

I love Ree Drummonds recipe, easy and quick!

1 Cup Brown Sugar

4 Tablespoons butter

1/2 cup of half & half or cream

1 Tablespoon of vanilla

Pinch of salt

Trusted Contributor

Oh, you mean caramel!  I thought this was a thread about the seaside town in California, Carmel!  LOL!  

Respected Contributor

Re: Carmel...............

[ Edited ]

This has to be the easiest caramel sauce recipe ever. There's only ONE ingredient: 

Homemade Caramel Sauce

1 (14 oz) can condensed milk (NOT evaporated milk)

(NOTE: The recipe doesn't call for it, but I add 1 teaspoon of vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt for added flavor)

Directions: 

OVEN METHOD 

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Pour sweetened condensed milk into 9-inch pie plate. Cover with foil. Place pie plate in larger shallow pan. Fill larger pan with about 1/2 inch hot water to surround pie plate.

Bake 1-3/4 to 2 hours or until thick and caramel-colored. Carefully remove from oven; remove pie plate from shallow pan. Whisk caramel until smooth. Cool 20 minutes before serving. Store any leftover caramel in refrigerator. Bring to room temperature or heat until warm to serve.

OR

STOVE METHOD

Pour sweetened condensed milk into top of double boiler. Place over boiling water and cover. Simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and caramel-colored.

Remove from heat. Whisk caramel until smooth. Cool 20 minutes before serving.

Do not heat in can.  Make 2 cups.

www.eaglebrand.com

Honored Contributor

You can make caramel by simply cooking a can of sweetened condensed milk. Cook low & slow and when it turns to caramel just put it in molds or in a cake pan to cool - then either unmold or cut it in squares.

Super Contributor

Do you perhaps mean carAmel?  Carmel is a town in Calif. Caramel is a flavor