Respected Contributor

Anyone else having difficulty findind canned pumpkin?  I had a hard time last year, but I thought that was beause I started looking late (October).  Thought I'd get a head start and pick some up sooner than I did last year.  Haven't been able to find any for some time now until today.  Was able to get the last 4 cans at Publix.

Esteemed Contributor

@ScrapHappy  I had some trouble last year, but I just bought some at ShopRite in eastern PA today. Maybe I should have bought more. I make pumpkin muffins with spice cake mix and one can of pumpkin. Yum!

Honored Contributor

Do you know that most canned pumpkin is actually a variety of squash??

Respected Contributor

I'm in CT; I haven't looked lately, but I did see it in my Fresh Market during the summer.

I still had some from last year, date still good, so I haven't gone looking for it yet, and I'm not ready to bake anything pumpkin yet.

Good luck~someone should have it!

Honored Contributor

When I came upon it last year, I stocked up. I have enough for this year but will still look for it.  If I find it, I'll bye in advance for next year. 

Honored Contributor

We always found it at Walmart all year round, their store brand. 

Respected Contributor

@ScrapHappy   My Publix has plenty in stock, as of today anyway.  🎃

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Esteemed Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Do you know that most canned pumpkin is actually a variety of squash??

@Shelbelle  Yes, I believe pumpkin is itself a kind of squash. I always use butternut squash for my pumpkin pie. My mom said the jack-o-lantern pumpkins were for the pigs. Hahaha! I'm sure they wouldn't be indigestible, however.

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't looked lately. I usually have  a can or two  stored in my cupboard.

Honored Contributor

I just bought 4 cans at Walmart. 

What I can't find is flying insect spray.  I went to 3 stores today and none had any.  Even Amazon can't ship a can until the middle of next week.  Flies have been terrible. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment