Honored Contributor

A family favorite! I like to use penne pasta, with or without chicken. And I typically use a bottled Caesar dressing

AF9F7BB4-99C6-4BDF-9343-CD5A9792D716.jpeg

Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad

Whip up a 20-minute meal in-a-bowl with a refreshing recipe for Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad starring DIY dressing

COOK TIME 10 mins
TOTAL TIME 20 mins

SERVINGS 10 servings

FOR THE DRESSING:

• 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
  • 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise
  • 2 teaspoons minced garlic
  • 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
  • 1/3 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese

FOR THE PASTA SALAD:

• 8 oz. uncooked pasta, such as rotini or penne
  • 2 hearts of Romaine
  • Shredded rotisserie chicken or chopped chicken breasts
  • Croutons (optional)
  • Parmesan cheese, for serving

Instructions 

MAKE THE DRESSING:

• In a medium bowl, whisk together the Dijon mustard, lemon juice, Worcestershire, mayonnaise, minced garlic and anchovy paste until well combined. Stir in the grated Parmesan cheese and ¼ teaspoon pepper then set the dressing aside while you make the salad.

MAKE THE PASTA SALAD:

• Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 10 minutes. Drain the pasta and transfer it to a large serving bowl.
  • Cut the Romaine hearts into 1-inch pieces then add them and your protein of choice to the bowl with the pasta.
  • Add the prepared dressing and toss to combine. Add the croutons (optional) and garnish with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately or refrigerate, covered, until ready to serve. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Needs some eye-appeal like cherry tomatoes.  Both dishes seem to be a lot of carbs - (pasta).  Like some pasta but this looks like overload.  Pass...........

Honored Contributor

It's a good basic pasta salad to dress up with your favorite add-ins.  I'd like cherry tomatoes and maybe some chopped marinated artichoke hearts.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If you'd like a REALLY good Caesar derssing, this is a copy of Carrabas' dressing.  It's wonderful!

Carraba’s Caesar Salad Dressing

2 small garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon anchovy paste

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 cup bottled mayonnaise

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesian

Steps:

• In a bowl whisk together the garlic paste, the anchovy paste, the lemon juice, the mustard, and the Worcestershire sauce, add the mayonnaise, the Parmesan, and pepper to taste, and whisk the dressing until it is combined well. Toss the dressing with salad greens or serve it as a dip with crudités.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

If you'd like a REALLY good Caesar derssing, this is a copy of Carrabas' dressing.  It's wonderful!

Carraba’s Caesar Salad Dressing

2 small garlic cloves, minced and mashed to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon anchovy paste

2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice

1 teaspoon Dijon-style mustard

1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1 cup bottled mayonnaise

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesian

Steps:

• In a bowl whisk together the garlic paste, the anchovy paste, the lemon juice, the mustard, and the Worcestershire sauce, add the mayonnaise, the Parmesan, and pepper to taste, and whisk the dressing until it is combined well. Toss the dressing with salad greens or serve it as a dip with crudités.

Thank you @ECBG 

Now im REALLY craving Caesar salad 😋

I think we will have this for Memorial Day weekend with grilled chicken breasts. And I'm also going to grill the Greek Chicken thighs. 

Need to pick up some anchovy paste and a brick of feta cheese

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl

Make the dressing the night before.

I find that a garlic press takes away the mashing of the garlic into paste" but I do rub the garlic into the salt.

Honored Contributor

It looks so good!  The only change I'd make would be reduce the mayo to about 1/4 to 1/3 cup and then thin to the desired consistency with olive oil or avocado oil.  Otherwise I could dig in to that for sure!  Might try using yogurt for the mayo as well.  

Trusted Contributor

That looks so good. Thanks for sharing.

Respected Contributor

Thanks @Chi-town girl  and friends- This is a great reminder of an easy summer dinner. I always add some chicken-  Ilove salads in summer! I make them up according to what I have on hand.. Along with the lettuce and veggies, Avocado, eggs, small shrimp, crab, ham, I would add beans, and cheeses, but hubby can't have them, ... Anyway, it's Always good, healthy and cool!