Honored Contributor

I love to cook but I am baking impaired so I am always looking for an easy dessert for company.  This was in the latest issue of Family Circle and for me is a keeper.

1 lb mascarpone
1/2 cup powdered sugar
Zest of orange, Meyer lemon, clementine
9 inch baked pie shell
Ruby red grapefruit

Stir together marscarpone and sugar.  Stir in zests.  Spread in pie shell.  Cut top and bottom from fruits.  Peel all fruits, thinly slice and arrange on top of filling.  Chill at least 2 hours.  

When I went to store I could not find a Meyer lemon or a ruby red grapefruit so I used two oranges and two clementines.  Next time I make this I will look for the Meyer lemon but think I would skip the grapefruit.  The fruit slices were artisically piled on the filling with some overlapping.  

Honored Contributor

I buy the Krusteaz in a box.    Very simple......and if the "company" is nervy enough to ask.....I don't feed them again.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi

I did not know there was a citrus tart that came in a box.  I will have to look for that.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Desertdi

I did not know there was a citrus tart that came in a box.  I will have to look for that.

@DiAnne   I think it's as good as "homemade" -- and you can always "doctor it up" by adding a touch of your own flavorings.    I do the same thing with canned icing -- adding rum, orange or other flavors to "match" my cake.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

@DiAnne The following recipe is great. I haven't made it for about 10 years or so because I don't eat chocolate anymore (migraines). I hope it works for you. Everyone loved it. I also have another recipe for Chocolate Mousse that is really, really old and really good but it's made with raw eggs, which is a no no, now. Years ago, it wasn't.

CHOCOLATE CREAM

Place 6 ounces of sweet or bittersweet chocolate and 6 tbsp water in a saucepan. Stir over low heat till smooth. Cool. Place chocolate in a bowl. Add 2 tsp vanilla. Whip 2 cups heavy cream till stiff. Fold the whipped cream into the chocolate mixture. Refrigerate for several hours. I use to make this a day before serving.

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

@Coquille

That sounds good.  Thanks.

Trusted Contributor

It sounds great- I'm confused about the Krusteaz.  is that the crust you're using?

Honored Contributor

@Jtdmum

The Krusteaz is a mix.  I just used refrigerated pie crust to make the tart.