Respected Contributor

Appetizer (1) for Easter Dinner (?)

I'm looking for an appetizer to serve before Easter dinner. I don't usually have appetizers except for Thanksgiving and Christmas but was thinking of something simple that might please everyone just before dinner. My sister makes the most delicious deviled eggs but she won't be coming this year. Any suggestions? What do you have?

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Regular Contributor

Re: Appetizer (1) for Easter Dinner (?)

I always have an ice cold platter of fresh shrimp and cocktail sauce. I serve it with small dessert/snack plates and small forks. The platter is always empty before dinner. Easy to prepare, easy to clean up. It has become a family fav!!

Respected Contributor

How about fresh fruit - pineapple, strawberries, raspberries etc.?  It would be pretty arranged on a platter and you could add a dip.  I make one with equal parts of marshmallow whip and sour cream.  Sounds weird but it is really tasty!

Honored Contributor

Spanakopeta always goes over great.

You could serve it with a horeseradish or spinach dip and some dates and figs on the side.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Respected Contributor

I would do a fresh veggie tray and I like the fruit tray too.

Depends on how much food you are serving, do you want your guests "filled up" before they eat or do you want them just to munch and not get so full.

So easy dill dip with the veggie....chopped up scallions, dill weed, sour cream, a little mayo, salt, apple cider vinegar.

Esteemed Contributor

@Starpolisher

Great thread; thanks for starting!   I think deviled eggs are a great choice but reading what has been suggested, I think they all are great choices.  I don't think you could go wrong with any!   For some reason, I never thought of appetizers to Easter dinner-have no reason why!

Respected Contributor

@mustang66lady wrote:

@Starpolisher

Great thread; thanks for starting!   I think deviled eggs are a great choice but reading what has been suggested, I think they all are great choices.  I don't think you could go wrong with any!   For some reason, I never thought of appetizers to Easter dinner-have no reason why!

@mustang66lady

I totally agree! They are all great suggestions. Thanks to each of you!

@Just Bling@on the bay@FastDogWalker2@corismom1

I think I might try the fruit or the Spanakopeta!Smiley Very Happy

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Honored Contributor

The fruit tray sounds really good since veg. is done so much for the winter holidays.  Or you could go wild and just put out trays of little chocolate bunnies, and Easter eggs ect........ 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Starpolisher~

So glad you got so many nice suggestions! We'll all be over nowSmiley HappyWoman LOL

I used to make spanakopeta and my mother still does but I think it is very time consuming and have found some really good frozen (gasp!Woman LOLshh) ones at Trader Joes and other places. Its kind of hard to make a bad one, even when frozenSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"