Trusted Contributor

Re: Anyone have a salt substitute that you woud recommend?

I have mentioned this before.  Use 1/2 as much of substitue. This tastes fine.  It will be bitter if you use regular amount.  

Boop

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have a salt substitute that you woud recommend?

[ Edited ]

@HappyDaze a good friend of mine uses one of the "Spike" / "Modern Brands" seasoners. She uses their Vege Sal blend which DOES have sea salt in it. It's a very tasty blend. When I checked out their website, I noticed that they had a SALT FREE option in their listings. I thought this might be of interest to you. 

It's a small company so it's hard to find their products (and they've gone through a few name changes in the past few years, which has made it even more confusing). I think that you can order directly from their website. Vitcost carries my friend's Vege Sal, and  they have this salt free version as well (there were 4 5-star reviews). On Amazon there were 37 reviews and 78% of them were 5-star reviews.

Best of luck!! 

-- bebe Smiley Happy

___

Spike ® Salt-Free Magic!

More than 39 lovingly blended exotic herbs, spices and vegetables – and NO SALT!

Category: Spice
Brand: Spike ® Salt-Free Magic!
Unit Price: $3.29

Ingredients: Defatted soy, onion, orange crystals, nutritional yeast, garlic, celery, dill, horseradish, lemon peel, mustard, orange peel, parsley, white pepper, turmeric, green and red bell peppers, rosehips, summer savory, mushroom, safflower, coriander, fenugreek, basil, marjoram, oregano, thyme, tarragon, cumin, ginger, cayenne pepper, cloves, spinach, rosemary, cinnamon, paprika and tomato.

At Vitacost, they have two different sizes (a 4.5 oz size and a 9oz size). It goes under the manufacturing names of "Spike" and "Modern Brands" (*sigh* it's confusing)...

___