Regular Contributor
/><br/> <br/> <br/> <span style=It's me with another chicken recipe.....big surprise, huh? Wink
This is SO GOOD! I didn't quite know what to expect-it seemed way too easy to taste as good as it does. I did a little switching up with the original recipe because I didn't have enough orange marmalade-I used half orange marmalade and half peach preserves-Bob said whatever I did, make a note to do the same thing the next time-he LOVED it. He said it looked like something you'd pay big money in a restaurant for....so I'd say that makes this recipe a "keeper" in this house,

Carol

AMARETTO CHICKEN

(Source: adapted from Mr. Food)

2 eggs, beaten

1 c. all-purpose flour
3/4 c. coarsely chopped almonds
1/2 c. sugar
2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2-2 lbs. total)
3/4 c. orange marmalade
3/4 c. peach preserves
1/2 c. Amaretto liqueur

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray foil with nonstick cooking spray.

Place eggs in a shallow bowl; beat well.

In another shallow bowl, combine flour, almonds, sugar, salt and cinnamon; mix well.

Dip chicken into beaten eggs, then into the flour mixture, coating completely. Roll up each chicken breast tightly jelly-roll style; place seam side down on the prepared baking sheet. Bake @ 400 degrees for 20 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine marmalade, preserves and Amaretto in a small saucepan; cook for about 5 minutes over medium-low heat until melted and well combined, stirring occasionally.

Reduce oven heat to 350 degrees. Remove chicken from the oven; spoon amaretto sauce evenly over each chicken breast, using all the sauce. Return to oven; bake 10-15 minutes more or until chicken is no longer pink. Serve immediately. 6 servings.

NOTE: I use sugar-free preserves and marmalade in this-they work great.