Respected Contributor

ANYONE SERVING VALENTINES DESSERTS?

Doubt we'll be going anywhere,  which is fine by me.

I have leftover Golden Pork from the recipe @walker .

I'll probably run out tomorrow morning and whip up something for a Valentines dessert....any suggestions??

I always like chocolate covered strawberries 🍓

Respected Contributor

Re: ANYONE SERVING VALENTINES DESSERTS?

Since I am not a fan too much myself of cooking, we would ordinarily go out to dinner. During this pandemic we have been ordering take-out from our favorite fine dining restaurants for all special occasions.  

One dessert is a dense flourless chocolate cake served with dark cherries and whip cream. (French name Montmorency)

Another is New York cheesecake with chocolate covered strawberries.  Another choice is sponge layer cake with macaroons, meringue and fresh berries.  (Yes, I ordered all of these--I leave the work to the expert pastry chefs!)

Chocolate lava cakes are always a romantic choice, and of course there are always cupcakes and heart-shaped cookies!

Respected Contributor

V+f2yqt4R1Os4AYr4YD7lQ.jpgYes, this! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I made some keto fudge, keto carrot cake cupcakes and keto chocolate chip cookie bars on Thursday.  Some went in the freezer but there’s plenty still in the fridge. No more baking until everything is eaten.  

Esteemed Contributor

I got the little heart shaped Dairy Queen cake for tomorrow and a bottle of red wine. Steak for hubby in fridge and sweet potatoes and a vegetable. Just us and I'm doing it big! We never do anything for Valentine's Day but this one just feels different.  We need to celebrate all this stuff. It's worth it. Happy Valentines Day to you all. ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Respected Contributor

My friend brought over a beautiful selection of homemade cookies that we'll have for dessert tomorrow. Otherwise, I'd be buying an ice cream cake. Happy Valentines Day, Everyone! 🥂❤️

Honored Contributor

I just made an apple crisp but mostly because I am snowed in not for Valentine's Day.  

Esteemed Contributor

@FastDogWalker2 wrote:

V+f2yqt4R1Os4AYr4YD7lQ.jpgYes, this! Smiley Happy

Very pretty, @FastDogWalker2 ! Did you make this lovely creation? 

Respected Contributor

We are ordering in Chinese food.  I am making cream puffs, my MIL's recipe.

Respected Contributor

@happycat No, it's from our favorite bakery!