Valued Contributor

HAS ANYONE EVER MADE IT  I DID YEARS AGO   THEY DO HAVE AN EASY NO STARTER ONE    I WILL START MAKING IT AGAIN     SOOOO    GOOD

Honored Contributor

I made it many years ago when everyone was passing the starter around.  It was terrible - my kids would not even eat it and they ate everything!

Esteemed Contributor

@elizabethl123  Oh my goodness! We used to make this when we were in college. I had totally forgotten about it!

Respected Contributor

Re: AMISH FRIENDSHIP BREAD

[ Edited ]

I used to have the starter and made bread from it.  It was called Herman back then.. It made the best bread I've ever had in my life..  I had to stop making it and let the starter go because I was gaining too much weight from eating it...  But boy was it good..  This was  back in the 80's.

After typing all of the above, I don't know if what I made ('HERMAN')  was AMISH Friendship bread or not... The Amish bread may be different from the starter I had...

Trusted Contributor

That is the most delicious bread ~ and addicting ~ and you can't stop making it becasue of the "starter " It's been years since I have had it And yes it makes you gain weight !!!

Honored Contributor

Sounds familiar.