Respected Contributor

Re: 3 - Bean Chili.......great for Super Bowl

Hi pupwhipped.........the 3 kinds of beans make it really yummy. I hope that you enjoy this recipe on Super Bowl Sunday. Please let me know how you liked it.

Valued Contributor

Hi Luvs, I miss our chats! GS is 13yrs and the twinks are 3, can you believe that? How time flies. I hope you and hubby have been well and staying warm this freezing winter. Chgo is currently under another winter storm warning.... I am so sick of this weather. It has been an extra cold and more snow than a normal Chicago winter... and that is saying a lot! A big shout out to all the chit chatters!

may good luck be your friend in whatever you do
and may trouble be always a stranger to you
Frequent Contributor

This sounds yummy. Gonna make it for a chili cook-off this weekend. Thanks!!
Valued Contributor

Jerri E just might win that cook off with this recipe. Boy, I love beans too. The more, the better. I could really do without the meat even with the variety of beans in it. Thanks.

Respected Contributor

Hi Chicagoan ....... Wow, I can't believe that your GS is 13 and that the twins are 3. it seems like only yesterday that we were looking at pics of your GS and the twins right after they were born. You must be having so much fun with them.

Hubby and I definitely have been staying warm this winter. It has been a very strange winter here. Warm temps. then single digit temps during the day and then single and below zero temps at night. No major snow storms so far which is rare for us. There have been snow storms but not a lot of accumulations. The snow melts on the warmer days and then freezes at night making for icy roads. I have seen that Chicago is often getting hit with a lot of snow and also the very cold temps. Usually it leaves your area and then heads straight to us so I keep a close watch on your area. Sorry to hear that it is so terrible there.

I too miss the Chit Chatters!!! A big hello to all from me too!!!

Stay warm, safe and dry. Let's hope the rest of the winter is not as bad as the beginning.

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2014 Jerri E said: This sounds yummy. Gonna make it for a chili cook-off this weekend. Thanks!!

Hi Jerri........Good luck with the chili cook-off this weekend!!! Go Jerri!!!! Please let us know how you make out.

Respected Contributor

Hi nomar........might not be a bad idea to try it without the meat. There are a lot of beans in this recipe. I hope that you get a chance to make it.

Esteemed Contributor

Someone at work suggested adding Italian sausage to 3 bean chili.

So tonight I'm trying it.

So far, smells good, tastes good. It still has a few hours to go in my slow cooker.

Respected Contributor

On 1/31/2014 Mary Bailey said:

So far, smells good, tastes good. It still has a few hours to go in my slow cooker.

Hi Mary Bailey........Italian sausage sounds like a great addition. Please let us know how you liked it. We love Italian Sausage!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/31/2014 luvsbulldogs said:
On 1/31/2014 Mary Bailey said:

Hi Mary Bailey........Italian sausage sounds like a great addition. Please let us know how you liked it. We love Italian Sausage!!!

tonight it's spicier than I'm used to. I'll let you know how it is tomorrow.

I'm sure DH will love it. He said I had him at "adding Italian sausage" lol